[Periodencampments] [MedEnc] 16th Century 4-poster Tudor Rope bed ... (was Camp bed frame)

Barclay, Peter C. MAJ barclayp at eucom.mil
Wed Apr 17 03:23:24 PDT 2002

Greetings from Terafan,

	I know the recent discussion has been on non-rope beds, but for
those who are considering a rope bed for Lillies, or Pennsic, or other
events, I have posted some new photos of a 16th century 4-poster Tudor rope
bed in an English Museum.

I had to make special arrangements with the museum to be able to take photos
and measurements.  The measurements and dimensions are included on the
website.  The really cool thing is that while most of the period 4-poster
beds I have seen are HUGE (in terms of the corner posts), this bed has posts
that are only 3" x 3".  I am making one of these as a replacement for my
existing rope bed!

The link to the photos is at the bottom of the page.  The very bottom image
on the right side.

http://www.greydragon.org/furniture/beds/index.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

respectfully,
                     Terafan

Master Rhys Terafan Greydragon           terafan at greydragon.org
Blauwasser Seneschal, brewer, and probably other things I can't remember...