RF - I 'm legal now...:)

STDLRB13 STDLRB13 at shsu.edu
Thu Jul 1 12:51:21 PDT 1999

Paul Gilbert wrote:

> Ragan......
>
> Don't come at me with this attitude..... I will not in any form or fashion
> tolorate it for even a microsecond.

i was speaking to the barony in general dear sir...          censorship
prohibits me from doing so anywhere else.

> I suggest that you try again on your submission. I got real lucky. That is
> what we have a herald for.

i have no intention of throwing anymore money at a problem that rests here ....
and with the heralds office and a few others in the barony.

> BTW, I am not a SCA bastard. Don't  EVER!!!! again refer to me in that
> manner again! You do not know who you are fooling with.

actually               i'm not SURE .   but i don't think
so....                     p.s.      i do know who i'm fooling with
and never make another veiled threat like that to ME again
you have a large family to support
you don't know ME at ALL paul                  you threaten me and i MIGHT bury
you in a lime pit.

> I play with the SCA and the Barony because I choose to and have been very
> tolorant of many things. However, I will not put up with this type action or
> attitude for very long.

really?                       and what pray do you propose to DO to me ????
you think you have the right to dictate other peoples actions?
i think not                   you see this is the S.C.A. BASTARD mind set i was
refering to
that you high and mighty close to berta set think you actually have authority
over people in the mundane world.

> I am happy to help anyone, at any time as long as they behave and act in a
> civilized manner. You are pushing the edge of that envolope. Don't do that
> with me..

it actually wasn't my intention to do so paul           really!   i was
responding to an e mail          i was responding to the BARONY about how i felt
about it
i suppose i should have put in ( paul this part isn't about YOU
specifically)      but i didn't        sorry old fellow
didn't mean to put you out
behave?      civilized manner?            define those terms please .
then realise that those defenitions only apply to you
they may not be the same as mine
this is where i say     "your dictating YOUR system of morality to ME again"

> I suggest that you step back and look at what is going on in your life and
> take stock of where you are going, how you are doing and what actions and
> words such as the ones that you have recently put forth effect your life and
> how others, of which some have or may claim you as a friend, effect their
> outlook of you.

i have looked                and i've seen a bunch of smiling faces that hold
daggers behind their backs
hypocrites and general lying assholes         only out for themselves      and
those they   "approve of"
drive ups from outside the barony and domestic power mongers that wish me
nothing but the worst
well i'm not leaving huntsville       for a while           and i have a rich
life outside of the S.C.A.
i'm having quite a nice life outside the S.C.A. actually      and those that SAY
they are my friends and those that ARE
differ in number             quite a bit i'm finding

> I assure you, been there, done that. It is not pretty.
>
> There are lots of folks that would help you....BUT, you have to be willing
> to work with them and stick to the program  to change and improve.

change ?          to suit whom my friend?          improve?           i have
done      witness my scrolls and carving drumming ect.
i was better liked back when i just came to events got drunk and sang and told
stories recited poetry and fell on peoples tents
not better liked by the brass hats from here (minus kief , he liked me then too)
they never have liked me (minus dave charlotte and dsd they liked me too)
i tried to IMPROVE myself in the s.c.a.     took an intrest in the barony
took up new arts          and have been ignored and treated like crap
your goddamn baroness slapping my feet and telling me to sit up in my chair?
as of the 29th i am 36 years old!             NO ONE LIVING ON THIS PLANET HAS
THE RIGHT TO DO THAT KIND OF   DISREPECTFULL CONDESENDING CRAP TO ME!!!!!!!

> You are a very talented and intellegent person. Use that for good rather
> than destroying your reputation with your friends and associates with
> actions and words such as below and previous messages.

well this is both flattering and astute          i don't think i'll destroy my
reputation with my friends
but if your very right that my words  "push that envelope" at times
my FRIENDS will take the time to see what prompted those words.
as they allways have      and as for associates....     well they arent friends
now       are they
friends accept you      all the time                period.           their used
to be an understanding of that around here
now it's all sectionalism and petty bickering destorying the barony from within.

> I hope you will take all of this as contructive help. If you choose not to,
> I can not help you. BUT, do not come at me with this type of attitude or
> words. I do not have the time to deal with this and will not.

i appologise for any misunderstandings between you and I
misunderstandings between men of great passion and temper
are dangerous are they not? *smile*     men of action perhaps SHOULD be ruled as
socrates thought by logic rather than passions   but it is hard isn't it?
as for "comming at YOU or anyone in your family..... please disregard anything
that even SEEMS to say i hold you or any member of your family in low
reguard         i assure you now this is not so.             i have great
respect for both you and your wife !      your sons only flaw is his youth and a
certain penchant (as you and i both) for passionate display. *smile*
your daughter while not well known to me personally , has by accounts the
distinction of being considered the "sanest" one in your family ,  which in my
mind, whould make her quite a young woman indeed..
i again appologise that you thought i was attacking you personally.
flames sometimes singe those near the fire
the conflagration is not over yet
i shall hope to spare you further agitation....          but fear your loyalties
will place you squarely against the winds that are blowing through the barony
today.

i do lament your acrimony towards me
i like you and kezia        i think your good people.

Ragan