RF - The Demo Directions and Time for the 19th

Cobalt60@lcc cobalt60 at lcc.net
Wed May 17 05:24:43 PDT 2000

Well its time for the info!

    Most of you will need to be arriving at 9am. on Friday. some of us will need to be there at 8am to armor up!
    We will have a beginning fight on the stage in the cafeteria area at 9am. I will need the Chivalric Fighters not all but as many as we can get. for the opening fight. One Marshal will be needed.
    We will have two  one hour sets and then lunch. After the sets we are invited to eat lunch with the students. We will have display tables available and we will introduce our selves at the beginning of each set so the children will know who we are. Your name what time you are from and where you are from is good. What your specialties and likes are would be nice also. After that we will talk about what is chivalry, Honor, and what it was to the people en the middle ages. Then the Chivalric fighters will fight. we will pare off and fight single elimination bouts until one is left (if we have time). Then we will  talk about Heraldry and how it was used in history. (we need to bring our own banners if we have any) While talking the Renaissance Fighters will be getting ready and will talk about how fighting was like in the Renaissance era. We will have some Rapier fighting ( If we have two or more fighters) and then we will move on to Arts and sciences Costuming, armor building, weapons, carving, weaving etc.etc.etc....
    We may have a bard start at the beginning while we arrange our selves and start armoring up. We will have  an opportunity for bards to perform during the in between parts like heavy and light demo and at the end. We can be flexible and be able to improvise at any moment so be ready.

    Here is the map!
    Take your best rout to Hwy 105 in Conroe take it to Montgomery.In the middle of town at the 1097 and 105 intersection you will see a Texaco and a Diamond Shamrock gas station. Take a left and go about 1/4 mile and the School will be on the right. look for the SCA colored signs for the parking area.
    We will be setting up in the Gym. I will have tables arranged for you to set displays up.
    Please bring a Chair and a mundanity cover of sorts. Don't forget your Period Drinking Vessel!

                            Please reply to this post as I would like to confirm all who are going to
                            be there to help.

                    Thank you for all that you ALL are doing to help educate and share the Dream!

                                                                                Brian du Val        :o)