RF - GPD-6

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 10:11:40 PDT 2000

--- AMH/DBLJ <orthart at earthlink.net> wrote:
> My mistake, if that is true.  I know others
> interpreted GPD-6 the same way I
> did.  That is, the idea behind the rule is to
> prevent someone or group from
> forcing unwanted religious beliefs on individuals or
> groups participating in
> any way in the SCA.

The Kingdom and the BOD have interpreted it to mean
that people are not to do things in a way that
implies SCA sanction of religious activities...

Such as not holding a ritual (no matter the religion)
in main event areas or as part of the event or
published in the event handout, ad, or announced by
group heralds to the populace.

> Since this post can be accessed
> through the official
> Ansteorra page...  It was suggested to me earlier
> today that if we post
> religious thing we run the risk of losing our
> Ansteorra link.
>
> Pax,
> Marius

I don't know who you get your information from...
but personal religious expression...as long as it
does not get into prosteletizing...is fine...
and as long as it does not suggest the SCA sanctions
that particular religious belief...

I commend Allie for her trying to smooth over a
contentious situation with a list of mostly
common sense measures...even if they were overtly
religious...

Lorraine