RF - Give it a rest!!!

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Thu Oct 19 07:06:25 PDT 2000

Well... I think not.  As far as the Virtual Scribe and Chronicler are
concerned, mailing lists are unofficial.  The list page on the Ansteorra
server has in big red letters at the top:

"NOTICE: This is not an official Ansteorra nor SCA webpage.
It is maintained for the convenience of the populace of this Kingdom and the Society."

Also, I note in the Virtual Scribe Handbook:

"Special Exclusion
Internet and other Electronic Mailing lists are useful tools to allow members of the Society and other interested individuals to communicate quickly and openly about diverse topics.

Internet and other Electronic Mailing lists are not considered official channels of communication within the Society. Due to this fact, they are not and should not be part of any Virtual Scribe's office."

[The following paragraph is my opinion:]
So, in that light, I think Allie is justified in stating her beliefs;
especially so, as she was (in her own way) trying to diffuse a volitile
situation.... something I think perhaps we should all be working toward.
I think it is admirable that she is willing to show a little faith.

My two cents,

-Jacinth-