RF - Re: FW: Gatekeeper procedures and materials

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 18:03:32 PDT 2001

Since Doug was kind enough to post his comment about routine inquiries from officers of
the group into legitimate concerns of their office without talking to any of the officers
here is the situation as it unfolded...

There have been alot of changes in the kindom reguarding things that are necessary to run
the gate of the event and since the gate involves both legal and monetary issues the
seneschal and the treasurer need to be assured that the person running gate knows of
the current rules and regulations...and is willing to comply with them.  I also keep the
gate supplies from event to event and make sure things like the cash box, change, and
other necessary things get to the gate so that we don't have to waste anyone's time
or the group's money duplicating effort.  These are part of my duties of treasurer.

Since neither Niklas nor I have seen Charley recently and in trying to call the last known
number for him got the notice that the number we had, had been disconnected...
and we have had problems in the past with Doug not necessarily having the most
current information reguarding policy and procedure (nor at times wanting to follow what was at
that time kingdom requirements)...we wanted assurances that Charley knew the most current
information...

Niklas sent an inquiry via e-mail to Charley and was given the information about
what he was using as a source of his procedures (which, by the way is a really good
source). Niklas forwarded the information to me and I sent Charley the following e-mail
detailing suggestions that would make make running the gate easier and asking for pertainent
information.

In service to Raven's Fort
and Ansteorra

Mistress Lorraine DeerSlayer