RF - Re: FW: Gatekeeper procedures and materials

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 03:45:54 PDT 2001

Heilsa all my good and true neighbors....

I'm replying to two letters from Mr. LeJeune. I will apologize in advance to
the rest of the Barony's populace for my posting on this matter. I will not
respond to any other post from Mr. LeJeune on this matter. Indeed, by the
time you read these words his letters will be automatically directed
straight into the "trash can" by my trusty "twit filter". I find myself at a
total loss to comprehend the "why" of Mr. LeJeune's callous attack of three
members of our Barony. Be that as it may...I've have found myself burdened
with the camel's "last straw".

Mr. LeJeune spewed:

============================
First letter:

>Charley,
>
>Thanks for not discounting the role of the Autocrat the way that the
>"disaster fantasy" three have.  I find their attitudes paranoid and
>rude.  I've autocrated thirteen times now but I guess their experience
>autocraring a couple of times or being head troll twice makes them troll
>gods or something.  This Barony can be an ugly place.  Too many power
>junkies that smother with micro management.  (NUMB Syndrome)  Officers,
>huh, give 'em an inch and they want to become a ruler... Of
>everything...it just couldn't survive with out them.  One thing I've
>learned playing this game is that anyone of us could drop off the face
>of the Earth tomorrow and the SCA would not fall apart.  We might be
>missed (some more than others) but you hardly notice in the running of
>the machine.  Bottom line... people can be way too self-important.  It's
>not a pretty thing.
>
>As we've talked about, troll should be run following the Gate
>Registration suggestions from the Anstorrina web pages.  The same way it
>was run last year at Black, White and Sort of Gray.  I worked very well
>and I would like you to use the method again.  It looks like you have
>enough copies of everything.  I will have a few extras as I always do.
>I will give you the feast tokens and site tokens the day of the event as
>well as a few other troll supplies.  From our past conversations I have
>no worries that Troll will run smooth.  Don't let the "doom-sayers" drag
>you down with their non productive BS.
>
>Pax,
>Marius

The missive copied above is actually one of, if not *the* rudest letters
I've seen posted to this list.

What an *excellent* way to engender a spirit of teamwork just prior to the
event. Here, let me assist you in your stellar effort...

The only nay-saying, doom predicting, self important, BS spewing,
micro-managing, paranoid, rude, power junkie...is you.

And if you don't like my attitude...too bad. So, you can add me to your list
of the "disaster fantasy three" making it a quartet.

Hmmmmmm....let's rename it "The Prudent Quartet"...or perhaps "The Committee
to Keep Doug From Screwing Up Again".

Quite sincerely....

Lee Cockerham....aka Kief av Kiersted

p.s. By the way...here's a promise.

You're the Autocrat of this event. I would advise you to make really, really
sure that every single "i" is dotted and every last "t" is crossed with any
and all of your paperwork. Because, sir, I am going to insure that if *you*
do not do *everything* strictly "by-the-numbers" and "on time" *you* will
never Autocrat another event in this Kingdom.

And, that, sir, *is* the "bottom line".

++++++++++++++++++++++

Second Letter from Mr. LeJeune. "Excerpts only"

>>>"Also technichally since you are handling the money
for our group...you are my deputy...and the responsibility
of any of our groups money ultimately is mine...and the seneschal's."
Mistress Lorraine's statement is true to a point... BUT, if something goes
wrong
with troll or the
Head Troll at this event who is the person that will be called on the carpet
first ?  The
Autocrat.  I too am a deputy of this Barony.  And I am responsible for what
goes
on at this
event. <<<

Mistress Lorraine's statement is true. Period. Indeed, you are responsible
for "what goes on at this event". It's also obvious that you, as usual,
*are* attempting to micro-manage the event *and* lay any "blame" at other's
feet *before* anything goes wrong. Sorry to report, sir, but your "teflon
coating" has just been recalled.

As well, you have, with your posts to this *public* list, utterly sabotaged
*any possibility* of a well run and relaxed event. Every single aspect of
*your* event, Mr. LeJeune, will be scrutinized with an eye toward complete
compliance with all Kingdom, Society, and *mundane law*. Trust me on this.

>>>..."we have had problems in the past with Doug not necessarily having the
>>>most
current information
reguarding policy and procedure (nor at times wanting to follow what was at
that
time kingdom
requirements)..."  Lorraine, would you like to back up this slanderous
statement
with examples,
because honestly you have been known to... I won't say lie...let's say bend
the
truth severely to
make some one look bad.  I think it has something to do with you wanting
people
to believe that
the universe would fall apart if you didn't sacrifice so much to hold it
together.  As you said at
the Raven's Heart meeting, "I know, I complain about everything" and "I'm
never
happy.  My life
sucks".  What's the deal ??  If you make others look bad you make yourself
look
better ?? <<<

It's not slander if it's the truth...and it *is* the truth.

Any comment you make about anyone "bending the truth" is like a kettle
calling the pot "black"...