RF - Re: ANGRY UGLY LETTER...was Some damage control

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:43:43 PDT 2001

Heilsa the list....

I'm damned well fed up.... This is an ANGRY and UGLY letter.

>HOWDY, NIKLAS!!! IT'S CEDRIC!!!
>
>Um, I've been talking to a few people here and there who have seen the
>recent RF List postings, and I think we might have an in-house PR problem
>brewing. And not in a way you'd expect. I sure didn't expect it.
>
>Surprisingly, the reactions to the recent temper tantrums by a
>"shall-be-unnamed-trio" in the Barony have generally been glossed over. It
>seems that (although it's frowned on) few are taking it seriously. In this
>respect, I think we got lucky and dodged a bullet.

You idiots want to see a temper tantrum?  You're going to see one now.

Cedric...you are sadly mistaken. The "trio" are officers and long time
baronial members. They are concerned about the LEGAL issues surrounding the
operations of the Barony. LEGAL isssues that effect the way we must conduct
our business and the actual existance of our barony are contingent on us
following the damned rules and regulations.

I, personally, do not give a flying damn about anyone's "reactions" to the
"trio's" actions. Those actions are correct and above board.

If you or any of those "un-named" others had ever been an officer or
actually read the damned rules we ALL have to operate under you would be
supporting the Baronial officers in their efforts to keep your mis-begotten
ass happy and enabling you and your friend's "fun" at events.

I think that until all those folks out there that are griping and bitching
have walked a mile in the shoes of an officer, of any stripe - baronial /
regional / Kingdom etc, your damned "opinion" means little.

BECAUSE you have no real experience on which to BASE YOUR OPINION. Y'all are
like "arm chair quarterbacks" all mouth and no knowledge.

>Even more surprisingly, the reactions have been more disturbed over the
>fighter practice discussion. While most see the debate as a good way to
>decide the issue, every last one of the people I've talked to has reacted
>the same way on the same point . . .
>
>"Committee? You have a fighter practice 'committee'? What's wrong with you
>people?"

What's wrong with "the people" ? ....WELL...FOR ONE, "THE PEOPLE" DON'T
ATTEND FIGHTER PRACTICES. Where are "the people" when fighter practice rolls
around every week? The fighters and officers get damned tired of holding
fighter practice...being there and no one "old" comes out...no one "new"
comes out and their time is wasted.

Two, the "committee" has been existance for almost a YEAR! If you and those
"concerned" others would have attended officer's or populace meetings for
the last year you would have known about the "committee". Or perhaps if
y'all had paid attention at the meetings this wouldn't have been such a
"suprise"...

"THE COMMITTEE" has been spending their *private* time looking for options:
new location or locations, different times, different cities, ways to get
the people out to practice, different days of the week... et cetera TRYING
TO *SERVE* THE PEOPLE OF THE BARONY...

>Sadly, I have been unable to answer this to any satisfaction. To put it
>another way, we are having a great day of fishing, but the boat is
>beginning
>to smell funny.

You don't like the way things are...??!! Then get off your dead ass and
become an officer and WORK for change rather than just spew bilge at the
world and look self satisfied.....

>I think we need to finish up the practice business very soon. It looks like
>we are making great headway and are almost ready for a final decision, but
>the sooner we wrap that up "For Good", the better off we'll be.

There have been calls for input on the Fighter Practice issue at every
official meeting the Barony's held for several months...

>-- Cedric Aeschere Einarsson
>Peer2 at msn.com

THIS IS MY CHALLENGE TO ALL OF Y'ALL: PUT UP OR SHUT UP! PUT YOUR MONEY
WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS! ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS! EITHER DO SOMETHING
CONSTRUCTIVE OR DO NOTHING....LEAVE THE DESTRUCTIVE AT HOME!

Kief
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."