[Ravensfort] curious

Bronte bronte at lcc.net
Thu Jul 19 02:36:21 PDT 2001

> Heilsa all good and true folks in this Barony of Raven's Fort
>
> What follows are the words of the Ansteorran Crown:

to you though,        not to US.     and it comes from YOU not from the baron
and baroness?
or the senischal?
hmmmm.....?       again it smacks of conspiracy to the upset eye.

> >From: "Jeremy & Trish Kvamme" <duncanandlarissa at hotmail.com>
> >To: sirkief at hotmail.com
> >CC: seneschal at ansteorra.org
> >Subject: Words from the Crown
> >Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:38:31 -0000
> >

> >First and foremost, His Majesty and I are appalled at the behavior of some
> >of the individuals in the Barony of Ravensfort.

and would I be one of those.

> >I will state to you here in this forum and face to face that if necessary,
> >We will take whatever steps We deem necessary to protect Ravensfort from
> >further harassment.

and just what does this threat intail?
banishment or what?

a bit high handed here ain't we ?
oooo all royal doom and gloom.
i hear jackboots in this threat.

> >In a meeting with the candidates and Their Excellencies prior to our
> >announcement, and in the presence of the Regional Seneschal, all candidates
> >were praised for what we saw as strengths in each set, and asked to make a
> >promise to each other that they would support the couple selected, and show
> >unity and a unified front to the Barony.
> >
> >They were all asked as well to come forward when the candidate was
> >announced as a public show of this unity to the assembled Kingdom, and from
> >where I was sitting, it appeared they all did so.
> >
> >It is Our considered opinion that any members of the candidacy who have
> >failed to support those selected and caused discord amongst the populace
> >have proven they were unworthy of consideration, and have stained their
> >honor.

oh so if we don't agree with the crown we have stained our honor?
FREE WILL IS DISHONORABLE?

> >The responsibility of each candidate, the Baron and Baroness, and the Crown
> >is to make sure Ravensfort continues, grows, and excels with each passing
> >year, not decays into personal attacks against each other and the Crown.

but that what the CROWN APPOINTED BRASS have allowed the barony to become.
where lies the fault with the leader or the led.

> >The Crown of Ansteorra will consider no petitions, letter writing
> >campaigns, or petty hateful emails directed at those chosen as their Landed
> >Representatives.

ah so the crown will not consider whether the where right or not.
"you got what we gave you, now like it."    that's how this reads to me.
i object strongly to the "will consider no petitions"
so no matter how many of the populace say "no we don't want this" after all.?
so this supports my feeling of being snubbed and seems to snubb it's royal nose
at our feelings or opinions.

> >This is a sampling of the questions asked by His Majesty and I during the
> >interviews.
> >
> >1.  Are you aware of the financial and emotional strains of serving as
> >Landed B&B's?  We at this time disclosed that as of the polling, Duncan and
> >I had spent near $8,000.00 in the past 4 months, and although this would be
> >significantly more than they should expect, it was a point that needed to
> >be made.
> >
> >2.  Each couple was asked who their second choice would be should they not
> >be selected.
> >
> >3.  Each couple was asked to discuss what fealty to the Crown meant to
> >them.
> >
> >4.  Each couple was asked how they would handle a dispute or disagreement
> >with the Crown.
> >
> >5.  Each couple was warned about what the stress of this can do to their
> >existing relationship.
> >
> >6.  Each couple was asked how they would handle a dispute between their
> >people and the will of the Crown.
> >
> >In addition to this, they were all asked questions of a more personal
> >nature, which did include do you have a working phone, personal
> >transportation and income sufficient to support the office.
> >
> >I am proud of those of the candidates and populace who have NOT bought in
> >to this petulant and petty behavior, and I will reflect this in my
> >summation of this situation to future Crowns, most especially when the time
> >comes that Nykolas and Kezia wish to retire.
> >
> >I will state publicly here that as of my writing neither Ourselves nor
> >Mistress Clarissa have received any calls, emails or questions from anyone
> >in Ravensfort regarding Our decision.

maybe no one wished to be banished or called dishonorable.

> >I consider ugly and inflammatory emails not only childish but cowardice.

and so now she's going to go calling people cowards...
UH LADY THAT'S UGLY AND INFLAMITORY........
best rethink that one and repost.*smile*

> >The decision was made by taking into consideration all of the attributes of
> >each candidate, as well as the polling of the populace.
> >
> >The populace spoke to us  with much support for Nykolas and Kezia,

did it now.......          see most EVERYONE i spoke to before the poll where
all in agreement on two things
ONE. i need to quit losing my temper and letting my mouth overload my ass.
TWO. they didn't support paul as baron. EVERYONE i said.
and that's why their's a lotta bitchin going on now about not likeing the way it
went.
it was like the "crown" picked the one LEAST popular on purpose.
to"show us" seems to be the phrase used most.

> we love
> >the Barony of Ravensfort and wish to see it continue and grow ever
> >stronger.
> >
> >It is Our expectation to make their investiture a day of celebration and
> >wonder for all of Ansteorra.  We know that Ravensfort will shine and be the
> >place that so many call home and keep close to their heart.  For those who
> >love the Barony will help it continue to grow, not tear it apart.

well their is love of the barony       and love of the dream

> >We thank all of you for your support and love of your Barony, and we grieve
> >with you at the failure of a few to keep their words to Us, and to
> >Ravensfort.
> >
> >Larissa, Regina

some see what they are doing as love of their barony.
and wanting what THEY see as best for it.

well let's see if the conspiracy stuff is true
if their's jackboots in Ansteorra i'll prolly get banished.

or harrassed.          *smile*
Ragan