[Ravensfort] Defender

Suzann Tabares isabunny at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 05:32:12 PDT 2001

 Well good morning,

 Most of you will probably scratch your heads a bit
and wrinkle your noses and have no idea who I am,
though I hope some will remember and perhaps smile.
Normally I read the posts and stay quiet, unless
something strikes close to home. Lochlann's words for
example...

 I'm a transplant Ravensfort member, meaning I live in
Stargate but my heart is in Huntsville with you all.
My first official SCA event was the night they made
Kief and Alix Baron and Baroness. A night I still
remember with the star struck awe that only a newbie
can obtain, and not just a little bit of magic and
wonder.

 I watched from the sidelines as they walked down a
candle lit path to their seats among the stones.
Listened wide eyed to strange phrases I had yet to
understand, and felt a part of something so special
and so much larger than myself, for the first time.
I fell in love.
With the SCA, with the dream and with Ravensfort and
her people.Over time I experienced other places, other
Baronies and met so many good people, but my heart
remains tied to Ravensfort.

 I remember meeting Crystal for the first time and
being surprised as she took off her light mask. All
that beautiful hair. ;) And I remember when I met
David and he rode up on that horse the weekend of "the
mud" where he was first called St. David of the
Tractor. I have been blessed with their love and
friendship for many years.

 When Kief and Alix stepped down I thought my heart
would break. As Lochlann said, it was like watching
your parents leave, and yet even through my tears I
watched my brother and sister step up into their shoes
and knew, only the names had changed, the heart was
still the same. Now the idea of them stepping down
makes me feel so old. *grin* But I would'nt miss it
for the world. I've missed so much over these last few
years with real life always rearing its ugly head.

I don't know the new Baron and Baroness, not by name,
perhaps by sight..but Ravensfort has always been
special. A special place with special people. That
never changes. The names change..but the heart remains
the same. Ravensfort's heart is its people. Those who
are lucky enough to live there, and those of us lucky
enough to find it. Even the bickering here is
different than in other places. *grins* Like siblings
who will never agree on what color Aunt Minnie's
favorite china platter was she served Thanksgiving
turkey on every year.

 No, Im not trying to mock or simplify the disputes,
please dont think so. What I am saying is we have a
history together, you all more so than I. It's the
heart we cherish, not the names of the people who hold
it, because we all hold a little part of it and
together we make a whole.

 Well now that I've waxed sappy for awhile, and bored
you all to tears, I just wanted to say we love you,
all of you. And ..if it's at all possible Hawk and I
will be there when you step down Crystal and David,
with love and support and pride.

With much love,
Suzy

Aka Suranna Blackthorn (Hawks lady)

=====
Experience Real-Time Full-Motion Hi-res 3D with Surround Sound!
Step Outside.