[Ravensfort] To the List

Lochlann . giervald at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 17:39:27 PDT 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Hail to the List!

I just finished reading my last post. To those of you who read it : Sorry
about the cheerleader-like qualities. I’ve sent away to my sister and she
absolutely refuses to give me her old outfit, but I think that there is a
place in town that sells pom-poms. The only question remains is green or
orange.

Having responded to myself, I must now respond to something else I read,
something that vaguely bothered me.

So now I will set aside my cheerleader catalog and adorn myself with the
mantle of leadership.

As a founding member and current Dux Impavidus (psst, Charlie - thpbbbt!) of
House Pharus, the Lighthouse at the End of the World, I will now reply to the
charge that members of my household do not or will not do anything official.
HE Sir Kief stated : “ I have heard, second or third hand admittedly, that
quite a few of your friends and house members don’t want the responsibility of
office nor the duty entailed in long term service to a group. ”

For clarification purposes I will now state what was actually said to the
“second or third hand” sources that Sir Kief mentioned. What was said is that
our ‘Household’ does not participate in any official capacity. This was set up
to avoid any potential problems that can and do arise between household
members. This is clearly stated in our charter :

Article 1 : Statement of Purpose

Paragraphs 2 and 3

“ We recognize that such entertainment services are provided for the general
populace rather than for a specific formal organization. In order to preserve
these ideals, the Household is specifically forbidden from performing any
official function for any formal organization. The only exception is in the
case of a Household-sponsored Event or activity which later receives sanction
or approval from a formal organization, but not in cases where the Household's
creative control or oversight must be surrendered to that organization.

“ It is acknowledged that the House is composed of individuals with varied
desires, interests, and motivations. As such, no Pharusi shall be restrained
from performing any official function as an individual, so long as the House
itself is not directly involved. Participation in such activities is not
restricted in any way. ”

As to the claim that we don’t individually do anything, please refer to my
last post.

Simply put, the “Household” does not and cannot do anything official. The
individuals can and do serve in official capacities.

To put it another way, I, Lord Lochlann McGruer (and my Lady, bless her) are
preparing and will be presenting the Grand Nobles’ Luncheon (aka. the hat
lunch) at Defender. House Pharus is not.

** ALERT ALERT **
** Shameless Plug **

Bardic circle, Saturdaynight at Defender. We’re the camp with all the torches.
Come and see what our House is really about. For those who want to see what
our vision of the Dream is.

                              - Tuffy the Buck  -

PS : We (My Lady and I) still need a guard or two for the hat lunch. As I have
intermittent access to my e-mail, please contact my Lady (Cecelie) at
talis at totalzone.com[1] if you are interested.

PPS : To Charley. Uh...as near as I have been able to put together, “Dux
Impavidus” means “Fearless Leader” or more accurately “Fearless General”. If I
am incorrect, please tell me. I mean, I look silly enough as it is.

PPPS : Adornment Over!!! (Where’s that catalog?)