[Ravensfort] Kitchen issues

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:22:13 PDT 2001

Heilsa the list...!

Here's a link:

http://purchasing.tamu.edu/surplus/images/rollsh.jpg

Would this work in the kitchen? Looks like it could be modified for a "pie
shelf"...

As well...Clarissima did post:

>Ciao,
>
>Sunday, we evaluated the kitchen and these are the things that we would
>like
>to do before Defender and need help accomplishing:
>
>2)  Borrow a pressure washer to wash the inside and outside

Unless you know someone with one...it would have to be rented. How about
buckets and various scrubing utensils?

>3)  Fill in the gaps in the roof

If you mean the gaps in the eaves...easy enough done. We could use more
plywood to close off the ridge vent area then use the "Great Stuff" to fill
any gaps... A word of warning on using "Great Stuff" any expandable foam can
actually pry wood away from the underlayment. The foam has that much
expansion force...

>4)  Screen at least the front and side windows (we are trying to bug proof
>as best we can)

Given that the windows and doors (there are 8 total) are all 4 feet x 8 feet
in size...screening is impractical. As well, the windows were designed to
serve out of and receive the empty serving dishes...screening will make that
impractical/impossible. This is a primitive kitchen..."bug proofing" is not
really an option.

However, screening to cover the dishes on the shelves and ready racks is
practical and will accomplish the goal of keeping most of the flying and
crawling critters out of the "soup"...

>5)  Paint the inside white.

Since we need to paint several other items on the site as well as the
kitchen...the purchase of rollers, brushes, and five gallons of exterior
grade flat white latex paint may well be in order.

Shall I purchase same?

>The most important is to have the stoves checked.  So if anyone knows how
>do this or someone who does, please let me know.  I feel this is very
>important to do this at least once a year.

Agreed...!

By-the-by...the Barony does own a 5 gallon propane tank...it's stored at my
stead. I also have a 100 gallon propane tank that is available for the
Barony's use at any time...as well...it's currently full...*smile*

>This "wish list" (except for the stove inspection) can be done after
>Defender, but I figured while we are out at the site anyway, we could get
>some of this accomplished.

Ja...a good bit of the stuff listed above can certainly be accomplished in
the near future...

>If you have any issues with our plans or questions, please respond
>privately.

What?!!? Me...have issues or questions....*Muhahahahahahahahaaaa*

>Remember, the better the kitchen, the better the food!  Help your Culinary
>Arts Guild!
>
>Grazie
>Clarissima

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!