[Ravensfort] Perspectives, Part Two

Peer2 Peer2 at email.msn.com
Tue Jul 17 18:57:35 PDT 2001

Ahem. Minor technical trouble. Sorry for the confusion.

I realize I was getting long winded, so I will come to the point.

Regarding the rest of the "qualifications", anyone who truly knows Katrine
or myself knows that we meet and in some cases exceed each of them. To the
best of my knowledge, that is true for every candidate.

With one exception.

It should be obvious to any who are actually paying attention to something
other than this list that the people of Raven's Fort are not at all
satisfied with the way the polling and selection process went. I have talked
to more than 50 people in this Barony since the Coronation. I have only
heard three say anything positive about the way things went and ended. It in
plain to me that the bulk of the populous do not now, nor have they ever,
supported Kilas and Kezia for the positions of B&B.

There have already been several people file change-of-address forms to
transfer their memberships to other groups. Many are waiting to see if
Niklas and Kezia do indeed step up before following suite. There have been
some people purchasing memberships for the first time, but they are using
addresses in other branches. More than a few have vowed not to allow one
penny of their money to be spent on Raven's Fort. Sadly, this trend is
likely to continue. I am not talking about an insignificant number, but more
than a dozen. This Barony is not so secure that it can afford such a loss.

I do believe that constitutes substantive opposition.

Why have they not made their beliefs known? Simple. They do not want to be
attacked for speaking out. They do not want to risk any ostracism, much as I
am doing now.

A few days ago, I was approached by several people of like mind. They asked
me to be their liason and spokesman for a new Shire which is to be formed
from the southern areas of the Barony. I accepted this honor
enthusiastically. Better to have our people in their own lands under a new
name than to have them become some strange kind of refugees in self-imposed
exile.

This is not a recent effort. Many have been calling for a seperate group for
quite some time. This has been tried unsuccessfully in the past, but only
with small groups with limited numbers. That is no longer a problem.

On the personal level, this allows me to fullfill my promise to everyone;
support the people, and do whatever I can to help them. I thank those who
made it possible for me to avoid disgracing myself a second time by failing
to honor a promise.

I cannot say this causes me any pleasure, because I know it will certainly
cause hardship to the Barony which has been so good to me. But I will not
break my word to my Kingdom or my People, especially when I truly believe in
what we are doing.

All members and non-members who reside in Montgomery, Liberty, San Jacinto,
and Polk counties, feel free to contact me. All matters dealing with the
Shire will be handled through my personal e-mail account at
fuzzybreeks at yahoo.com . I will be contacting you as soon as possible with
current developments.

I wish you all the best of luck.

-- Ld. Cedric Aeschere Einarsson