[Ravensfort] Perspectives, Part Two

David Whitford Horoun at swbell.net
Tue Jul 17 23:47:06 PDT 2001

Peer2 wrote:

> It should be obvious to any who are actually paying attention to something
> other than this list that the people of Raven's Fort are not at all
> satisfied with the way the polling and selection process went. I have talked
> to more than 50 people in this Barony since the Coronation. I have only
> heard three say anything positive about the way things went and ended. It in
> plain to me that the bulk of the populous do not now, nor have they ever,
> supported Kilas and Kezia for the positions of B&B.

So are you saying that the crown and the regional seneschal are lying?

> Why have they not made their beliefs known? Simple. They do not want to be
> attacked for speaking out. They do not want to risk any ostracism, much as I
> am doing now.

So you are the great sufferer who will bear this cross for them? Forgive me if
this sounds very self serving. So now you have all these secret names(lets call
them...polls) and you or they dont want to be public. So now you act in the same
secret manner that it appears you accuse the crown of? That does seem to be what
your saying.

> A few days ago, I was approached by several people of like mind. They asked
> me to be their liason and spokesman for a new Shire which is to be formed
> from the southern areas of the Barony. I accepted this honor
> enthusiastically. Better to have our people in their own lands under a new
> name than to have them become some strange kind of refugees in self-imposed
> exile.

You do know that zip codes to not have to be released from the existing group?

> On the personal level, this allows me to fullfill my promise to everyone;
> support the people, and do whatever I can to help them. I thank those who
> made it possible for me to avoid disgracing myself a second time by failing
> to honor a promise.
>
> I cannot say this causes me any pleasure, because I know it will certainly
> cause hardship to the Barony which has been so good to me. But I will not
> break my word to my Kingdom or my People, especially when I truly believe in
> what we are doing.

You accepted enthusiastically and yet you clain no pleasure? Methinks you need
to rething these statements, for obvious reasons.

> All members and non-members who reside in Montgomery, Liberty, San Jacinto,
> and Polk counties, feel free to contact me. All matters dealing with the
> Shire will be handled through my personal e-mail account at
> fuzzybreeks at yahoo.com . I will be contacting you as soon as possible with
> current developments.

I would suggest to those who feel troubled to calmly approach those they wish to
question and calmly ask them. While I no longer have a residence in the lands
there-I do keep a watch and did this very thing. I was asked my opinion by Kezia
afetr they were announced and I told her. I really dont think it upset her in
any way and that she was grateful for the honesty.
 Try it ya might like it.

 Robert MacPharland(know to many as Horoun)
 Primier ORH (which still means alot to me)