[Re: [Ravensfort] Households

Wesley Gilbert argentbear at usa.net
Mon Jun 18 16:12:46 PDT 2001

Greetings,

      I rarely post to this list but something has come up that requires me
to. Cedric. I would like to correct your obvious mistake about the households
of Ravensfort. House RavensThunder is very active within and without the
barony. Ravensthunder has been in this Barony for ten years or more, and has
always been a large part of its events and support. Ravensthunder also
maintains several of the Baronial offices including at prestent the
chroniclers office, the hospitalers office, the heralds office(only temporary,
please anyone interested please take the office from me!), the quartermasters
office, and the knights marshalls office. WE, as a household are but a small
part of a larger whole. Ravensthunder is a single clan within the Federated
Households of RollingThunder. RollingThunder IS an international household
that is mainly focused in the southern US, mostly Annsteorra, Atlantia,
Trimaris, Meridias, and the OUtlands, but we also have members spread
elsewhere including Drackenwald in Europe. Just because YOU have put your
households name on a web site does NOT make it international! I have not seen
your houshold travle outside the barony as a united front.
      Thunder has been in existance for almost twenty years or more. We have
an elaborate and complex organization within our household. the members of
Thunder are family to one another and I would go to great lengths to help
another of my Thunder Brothers or Siters in need. Thunder has between 600 to
700 members WORLDWIDE! What is a 10-25 members have on that? The Federated
Households of RollingThunder even put on their own events completely seperate
from the SCA, in fact one such evebt will be held in Ravensfort in the fall,
Phall Phamily Pheast, which is the event that chooses MotherThunders personal
champion, which our own Patriarch, Bjarki won. If you want to see what a
serious household is like you are personally invited!
      Ravensthunder itself has presented itself with noble efforts many times
in the past. At the last Lyonness we went there as a household and presented
ourselves and made a good impression. At the Contrada Ravensthunder blew the
competetion away and took the event. We have also held events here in
RavensFort as a household. We are mainly a service household but are also have
strong interests in heavy and light fighting and much interest in the A&S. WE
work and help the dream of the SCA to become a reality, there is nothing wrong
with your having fun, everybody needs to have fun, but you also have to
balance it with work, too much "fun" can be seen as a sign of laziness.
      There is much more I can write about our household, but that would take
several more pages so if you are interested you can find our webpage and take
a look there or find one of the many other webpages dedicated to the many
parts of RollingThunder. You can also talk to Clarissima, who is our current
Matriarch. Just know that you might want to do a little more research before
you start insulting people again otherwise you might end up sticking your foot
into your mouth, or biting off more than you can chew. I hope this clears up
some missunderstandings and I have no ill feeling to you.

  Lord Arturus Gellenus Tiberious,
  Silver Bearing
  Green and Light Blue,
  Acting Patriarch of
  House RanensThunder of
  the Federated Household of RollingThunder