[Ravensfort] Calm thoughtful letter...was...Ok people...

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:08:43 PDT 2001

Heilsa Finn...

You posted:

>Greetings,
>
>Those who have expressed the _various_ concerns on this list are expressing
>them
>because these concerns are real and alarming to them.  Some of these
>concerns
>have existed for a significant period of time.  Continuing to ignore them
>will
>not solve them, but there is reason to believe that they can become worse.
>Although it seems to be popular to antagonize, dismiss, and insult those
>with
>these concerns, it does nothing to calm these individuals or to relieve the
>worry caused by these concerns.

Ja...I do agree with your assessment. There are and have been many concerns
that need to be addressed. And, yes, those concerns are real and alarming to
those that see them as major problems. However, I do not see those concerns
as *major* problems... Problems do exist...always have and always
will...that is one reason why this forum exists...to air and discuss those
problems. Just as I have done. And, yes, I have antagonized, dismissed, and
occasionally insulted some of those individuals that hold with the view that
there are *major* problems. That is because I *disagree* with their
assessment that there are major and, to some, seemingly unsurmountable
problems. This is my fifth letter to the list in several weeks... I have
been angered in the recent past by the attitudes of some people...dismayed
by some people...and admiring of some people, the depth and insight into
certain items that needed to be aired and discussed. And you, Finn, are one
of the latter category. I do not agree with you on the seriousness of
certain issues...yet I *can* agree to disagree with you on those matters.

The rub here is that I and others, are frustrated with a number of the folk
that post to this list. There have been efforts to educate and expand the
knowledge base of those here that have not had a chance to travel and see
the basic workings of the Kingdom at large. It seems that those efforts,
from many individuals, have either been dismissed or ignored for a number of
reasons. And that is a shame. There is a wealth and depth of experience and
knowledge to be sought out and learned from the more experienced members of
this Barony. Those folks that have traveled the Kingdom(s) for many years
and not only witnessed but activitely participated in the decision making
process that allowed the Kingdom(s) to grow and become easier to manage.

I will make no efforts to "calm down" those individuals that feel alarmed or
that there are major / serious concerns. I, and others, will (and have)
presented facts, opinions based on experience, and advice that is based on a
broad overview of "how things actually work". It's up to everyone to calm
*themselves* down...

>Since I and my 'unfounded fears' have been dismissed, I will remove them
>and
>myself from this list before I am subjected to a slanderously
>unprofessional,
>and inaccurate, psychiatric diagnosis.

I am truly sorry that you have unsubscribed. Your letters have been, mostly,
well written, thoughtful, and did air some of the concerns that this Barony
(as well as other groups) must all face.

As well, why did you assume that I was dismissing *you*? I named no one in
my previous post.

As far as anyone being subject to a "slanderously unprofessional, and
inaccurate, psychiatric diagnosis"... It's not slander to state the truth.
Unprofessional...to an extent...while I have no formal degree I do have many
advanced hours in recognizing certain psychiatric conditions and disorders.
Given who I was talking so obliquely about...and will not name, although it
should be obvious to everyone that has read this list for the past several
weeks...I was *not* inaccurate.

I personally urge you to re-subscribe to the list. We need your insight and
thoughtful analysis of the matters that concern this Barony now and in the
future. We also need you to attend the meeting this Thursday...to nominate,
to ask questions, and to express your opinion via the polling. Please do
assist us in our joint endeavors to make Raven's Fort a place where all of
us can revel and grow.

>Farewell,
>Finn

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!