RF - fighter practice

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Fri Mar 23 12:25:16 PST 2001

Hi,

I will wade in here with my 2 cents.........

The baronial fighter practice....The Official Barony of Ravens Fort
Regularly Scheduled Fighter Practice, needs to held at the same time, place
and manner every time. This cuts confusion and doubt among new and old alike.

Now, private practices are a different manner. They are at the control and
whim of the sponsor. They supplement the Baronial practice as Gwynn outlined.

Whether we have the Baronial Practice in Conroe, WIllis, Huntsville,
Woodlands or where ever, I feel that it should be the same place and time
each week . Now, let me temper the frequency of the practice with this
idea. We may only need to practice once a month or twice a month or
something like that.

All the above is my 2 cents and worth just about that much.

Back to regularly scheduled programming........

Niklas

At 10:40 PM 3/22/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Fighter practice
>

>I have been talking  to the committee and asking questions of different
>people about their ideals
>

>Some suggestions are:
>
>Wednesday night at the Gazebo.we could use our own lights
>
>Sunday at the Gazebo as is, second Sunday of month at Candy Cane.just
>encourage people more
>
>4 practices at Huntsville, 4 at Conroe, 4 at Woodlands
>
>Wednesday night rapier at Gazebo, Sunday afternoon chivalric at Candy Cane
>
>Encourage privet weekly  practice , both rapier and chivalric - and holding
>a mini tourney once a month
>
>Once a month have practice at the site with archery  included
>
>If we need a night place and indoor access, on the grass at the fire station
>
>Find a place at the collage for Wednesday practice
>
>Have the practice at Conroe
>

>Things to consider:
>
>Will You Come
>
>Is it simple enough to explain to someone outside the SCA
>
>Is it simple enough to remember
>
>Is it in a public place
>
>How easy will it be to advertise, or promote
>
>Is it in an area that most of our people will come
>
>Looking at the map of our area the center is about New Waverly
>

>  Please think on this and get back to William the Black, Zorcon, Hrafnhildr,
>DSD, or Kezia
>Hand this out to your friends, and tells us your choices.
>We need your input so we can develop an active fighter practice again.

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW     H.L. Niklas Vasilevich, CSM, KGA, Crane, ORH
Huntsville, Texas           Seneschal of The Barony of Ravens Fort
niklas at wt.net	               Kingdom Secretary, Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-291-9532               Society for Creative Anachronism