[Ravensfort] Re: About your post about the B & B

KING Of The Firemonkeys theragan at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 18:39:28 PDT 2001

ok he said to post this iffin ah wanna WHEEEEEEEEEELL ,
i'm going to take a lesson FROM LORD FINN.
EVERbody say THANKS LORD FIIIIINN!
and EDIT what i SAY HERE this time. that means take out all those
JUICY words XXplitives and such...
and mebbe a few other things.
and some stuff added **OK READ ON**

because of your last line in this message. i didn't IMEDIATELY re post it to
the list.IF your satisfied at the end of my reply,I WOULD APPRECIATE IT, if
YOU would post it to the list. i'm not here to talk PRIVATELY. i joined a
list to talk about the barony,and who would be BEST for the JOB, of B&B. ok?
i'm not here to blast YOU, or niklas, or anyone else. i'm here to tell the
TRUTH. (AS I SEE IT) no holds barred BEFORE, the POLL is taken. and i mean
to do it, ON THE LIST! this will be the last e mail i send PRIVATELY or
recieve without reposting ok man? FAIR WARNING! this is WHY i posted my
inflamitory post in the first place.   I'M SICK OF BEHIND THE SCENES
**POOP** IT'S DISHONEST!
ok read on dude

>Dear Ragan,
>     I have taken some time to think about your opinion of me being a
> >quitter.

did you, OR, did you not, say we should leave the Ren fest.? i heard:"i
think we sould walk out with dignity before we're asked to." ?that sounds
great on the surface of it, very dignified, but the result would be NO SCA
at Ren. no free entry etc.      and dude that's not happening..... anyone
who espouses that kind of idea is automatically anathema in my book. BUT i
know YOU john, and so i took it according to the source and understood WHY
you "allegedly" said it.
the thing IS no one is asking the SCA to leave Ren. we just need to take the
Ren. thing SERIOUSLY! and try to make it a SPLASH!.
introduce some **POOP**ing SHOWMANSHIP! into it and the place will LOVE
US.(of course the entertainment director hated last year(THE SIMPLE TRUTH IS
THE*presentation of*THE FIGHTING SUCKED at first the presentation
SUCKED!**so i was told** and he want's to be IN CHARGE "BOSS" it's his way!
and he was QUITE correct in that he CAN hire better fighters(you ever been
to the Excalibur in vegas??) but... he AND George BOTH, WANT
FREE,(good)**GREAT,ENTERTAINING,** fighting!
and they'll NEED it more than ever THIS year after "a knight's tale"
brings the IDEA to the peole this year.this year will be the greatest chance
for SCA recrutment and acceptance in DECADES.
what is being done about it???? the Loraine**OK sorry deerslayer** types
will be trying to DISTANCE themselves and the sca from it i'll bet you
watch. i think you guys should hire ME to be your announcer and let me do
what i'm best at hell the character of JEFF had me written all over
it.**sablethistle bard?** but the SCA will prolly keep right on being
represented by shy introverts who WISH they WEREN'T and who wouldn't know
showmanship if it bit them in the *POOP** because they grew up trying to
hide in the crowd.

in short, i fully and completely credit you man for being the most active
member of the SCA i know of involved in the SCA'S being at Ren.
and THE biggest worker for the BOOTH for YEARS now.
MY POINT is     why were you so willing to give up all the hard work and
sacrifice of health and time, when the question was broached.
YOU above ALL OTHERS john should have said, "over my dead body we'll leave"
value in a thing is shown by how willing someone is to DEFEND it.  you lost
points when you seemed to DEvalue our presence at Ren.
it was quite a blow to more than a few. your comment scared the hell out of
a lot of people dude.

>You use the Ren.Fair compound as an example of my short comings and I >have
>some difficulty in seeing your side on the who issue. First I >would like
>to address who the candidates are in the B & B polling and >maybe why some
>people have not spoken up on the list.
>     I personally have promised not to campaign for the position but >let
>the polling process take its course. If asked the question are >your going
>to try and be the next baron I simply state that I feel >that Lady Jacinth
>and I feel that we are viable candidates for the >office and that is all.
>I am not going from person to person asking >for their support because that
>is not how it is to be done. I refrain >from discussing the issue on the
>same idea that it would be taken as >campaigning.

never asked yah too.    but where are your supporters? why haven't THEY come
out and supported you PUBLICLY.**WELL PEOPLE WHO DOES SUPPORT HIM I STARTED
THIS "thread?" AS A POLL**
if you don't say "yes we would accept" what are WE the populace supposed to
do. waste a vote on someone who won't commit?
**POOP**that john why not WASTE MY PRECIOUS VOTE on sigurd and walla walla**
IF IT'S TRUE THAT HE WON'T DO IT ** and have no impact on the choice.
see the long and short of it IS dude
i don't care to hear from CANDIDATES **someone saying "they said yes" WILL
DO"**
i just want to know WHO THEY ARE!!!**!!!!!!!!!!!**
i want THE REST of the BARONY to know WHO THEY ARE.**!!!!!!!!!!!!!**
so they can be sifted through discussed and weighed.**!!!!!!!!!!!!!**
don't you like knowing WHY i didn't support YOU as a choice?
you get to ADDRESS my issues and maybe clear them up
and GAIN support you didn't HAVE. and your NOT campaigning**!!!!!**
your just addressing the TRUTH about YOU!**to the crown Hello Cousins
*smile* let me introduce myself at populace Before you banish me for your
year?**
and if the crown don't like it        FUCK EM AN FEED EM FISH HEADS
it's what's best for the barony to know the truth.
** this usage of word is quite interesting the ontology going back to the
"Fornication. Under. Command.(of)King." acronym i think?? anyways i'm KNOWN
for the Phrase and it's responce coined by sir kief from a movie i think??
which is: NOOOO RICE! one of little things that add "Color?" to my character
i only use it in DIRE EMPAHASIS moments these days in an effort to be more
"civil"ised i assure you both it's my wifes influence intirely *SMILE*
**
>I will say this, who ever is chosen by the King and Queen I will >support
>the choice and support them the same way I have Kief and >Alix, David and
>Chrystal, and the whole Barony for the last 13 years.

how like you that statement is....   noble and full of heart.**YUP**

>     As for the Ren. Fair issue.
>     I have not stopped supporting the SCA/TRF compound for going on >six
>years now. I supported it last year more than ever and you say >that I have
>quit? Last year I rebuilt the Roof on the Gate house >usual. I was helping
>Fo when he needed it as an advisor and was asked >to take a break by most
>of the people who are the coordinators. I >worked my butt in to the ground
>so hard that after the second weekend >of the season I was in the hospital
>fore 8 days with an infection >because my immune system was worn out and my
>body was telling me to >quit. But by the fourth weekend I was back in the
>saddle again. and >help finish out a fifth year.
>     The year before I organized the rebuilding of the Armory roof,
> >Painted the who place, which still needs some touch ups. Not to >mention
>was the Liaison. This year was much the same I developed >kidney stones on
>the second weekend and was hospitalized for the week >and ordered not to
>fight that weekend but just watch over the place.
>     If these are the makings of a quitter I fall short of your lofty
> >goals.
** for YOU john a PELICAN at LEAST for service in what should be
THE BIGGEST DEMO the SCA DOES in texas**

no john i don't think these things you have done make you a quitter.
that you did them all, suffered through so much, and was then prepared
to WALK AWAY over a measly entertainment directors**ALLEDGED** postering and
not step up and MEET his CHALLANGE with the best presentation of period
fighting since the days when the name "HAWK, HAWK, HAWK," resounded from the
House of Dra, and disrupted the falconers show! to put talent on the stage
you people built and get those boring**BUT NICE** people OFF it with their
chairs and weaving and stuff and put some entertainers up there.**!!!!!**
we could be a free tavern with fighting! better than the sea devil! We have
to be bigger and better than what they see outside the booth! or WERE taking
up SPACE and will be replaced with a money making venture
but it's not that hard to do.... the sea devil sux mostly**Annngh** these
days too (i know it's where my boys and briggadooners hang)
**SNIP**
>          Your opinions are yours to have.When you use them as a >hammer on
>an open forum when no one has provoked you, it is malice >and extreme
>hatred when done in that manner in which you have.
**HAMMER??? hmmmm i Do don't I. Muse;the hammer of Truth...ragan the Hammer
of Truth... hmm i like it better than "tha Mouth" but nahgh.**

my opinions WERE PROVOKED by silence. when silence is NOT GOLDEN, but
dangerous. no malice was intended by my statement concerning YOU either.
DID YOU SAY "let's walk out"**??** ? if so i think i have shown
quite well WHY that WAS quitter **"** talk.**"**
if you don't want to be called "quitter" don't QUIT! it's very simple.
**SNIP*SMILE**( i watch closer than you think ) because i care.
when i care.
john you receve more than a small share of my respect if you don't know, (i
am not mollifing you here it ain't in my nature)**!!!WELL?**
your a good man john with a fine heart and a better grasp of the "dream" ( i
remember a talk of ours long ago when you roomed with bubba *smile*)than
MOST. your the closest thing that the Barony has to galahad. and i LIKE you
as a person! more than i can say for many.
so don't think i don't and i didn't mean to hurt your feelings,
it was i suppose unavoidable to speak my mind and NOT.**SORRY**
why don't you take a moment and calmly consider how it looked from outside
your circle, where we heard only what you "supposedly" said
i never ever said you weren't a worthy person and a good man.
i just said i felt you weren't what the barony needs in a leader.
(now)**MEBBE**      **MEBBE I'M WRONG TOO**    **EVIL SMILE*
now you read this, think on it, and then i expect to see it posted to the
list because there's a whole LOT that the SCA in general could benefit from
... once my four letter words are edited *grin*

snip here though
**OK so i left this for whoever**

if you make it to the chairs ( which i expect kinda) remember, TRUTH is more
important than appearance. and Barony FIRST then kingdom!
that;s what scares me most about your ascending the chair man.that they will
try to use you as a puppet to continue the way things have been.   and that
is unacceptable. otherwise why change B&B...
DSD and berta can say what they wish, this is NOT their idea.
DSD just got through trying to be all bold and announce that they WEREN'T
stepping down.
**WELL THAT"S THE WAY I HEARD IT AND I"LL DRAG HIM WHAT TOLD ME INTO THE
LIGHT TO ANSWER IF NEED BE**
the people of this barony are tired of the focus being on kingdom. and
IMPRESSING others "make the Barony look good" to whom? and why? it was all
for them in the end. and it's left a sour taste in many mouths, and Paul is
constitutionally dedicated to that sort of mindset. i don't give a **POOP**
that he yelled at me or **POOP** me off! it's that he'll try to continue
impressing "crown" and "kingdom" and "the SCA AT LARGE" and WE the people
are tired of it** OR AM I WRONG HERE SOMEBODY**   **???????** I WANA HEAR
SOMETHNG HERE ARE WE GONNA MISS OUT ON HEARTFELT PLEDGES OF BARONIAL LOYALTY
SPIRIT AND LOVE BECAUSE OF THE FEAR THAT THE "CROWN MIGHT TAKE IT AS
"CAMPAGNING" ? WELL **POOP** THAT on behalf of the bardic guild and the
historians office as well as the baronial chronicler I PROTEST THIS BLATENT
SELFIMPOSED CENSORSHIP!**     ** does not Lord Nicklas Deserve to address
these "Scurrilous charges as well??? DURN TOOTIN if he keeps it relevant and
  not profane **POOP**SMILE**
we want to go to the stones and play and have fun and feel that WE are most
important. that it's all being done BY us FOR us.**that's called HOME**
well
enough.
Ragan

>      I sent this post privatly to you and would apriciate some small level
>of respect by not sharing any part of it with anyone.
>                                                         John
** well i waited. kinda.**

Lord Laurent Ragan DeRuthven.
Ravensfort
Ansteorra
Order of the Sable thistle,
Bardcraft and Bonecarving.
Retired member of the baronial Guard (original charter)

defender of the fort will be my decade anniversary with the Barony
and the S.C.A.
10 yrs
a long time in a life...

safe journeys, and remember;