[Ravensfort] tables

Jeremy Meaux j_meaux at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 09:41:07 PDT 2001

greetings populace,

those of you who have read the previous posts may be
wondering on the table situation. This is how things
stand at the moment, the table designs have not been
completely nailed down for two reasons.
First, the designs for the general use table were
based on a 24" (twenty four inch width) this seems too
small and we would need a higher expenditure in lumber
cost to build the proposed twenty tables at the more
appropriate 36"'s. This would require one sheet of
plywood per table the exess on the 48" wide sheet
would be used to stabalize the tables and give them
better life span and durability. Leg assemblies and
our choice of stain and coating (ie. wax,
polyuraethane etc.) should remain relatively stable.
Second, the head table would be a trestle table, made
in the period manner of hand tools and no electricity,
it will done as a baronial project and entered as
group  project in the earliest A&S comp. in this
barony.
All interested are incouraged to submit a period
drawing to myself or Lord Cedric for this project.

Last, one reason for the slowness of the project is
the lack of response from the populace, several people
have mentioned they would sponsor a table but only one
person responded to my call on this list for a
definate response to me personally for the donations.
Great thanks go to Lady Olivia who read and responded
to me personally.

So, any one who would like to sponsor one of the
general use tables, and have your device or your
households device diplayed on the table) please
respond to me personally. The cost of donation is
currently $25.00 per table.

BTW i am

Ld. jean-michel de Meaux
(mka JEREMY meaux)