[Ravensfort] tables

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Sun May 20 12:54:06 PDT 2001

Hi,

Thank you Jeremy for updating us on this.

The tables are a good idea and so........

Kezia, Arturus and I will each sponser a table.

Tally Ho....

Niklas

At 09:41 AM 5/20/01 -0700, you wrote:
>greetings populace,
>
>those of you who have read the previous posts may be
>wondering on the table situation. This is how things
>stand at the moment, the table designs have not been
>completely nailed down for two reasons.
>First, the designs for the general use table were
>based on a 24" (twenty four inch width) this seems too
>small and we would need a higher expenditure in lumber
>cost to build the proposed twenty tables at the more
>appropriate 36"'s. This would require one sheet of
>plywood per table the exess on the 48" wide sheet
>would be used to stabalize the tables and give them
>better life span and durability. Leg assemblies and
>our choice of stain and coating (ie. wax,
>polyuraethane etc.) should remain relatively stable.
>Second, the head table would be a trestle table, made
>in the period manner of hand tools and no electricity,
>it will done as a baronial project and entered as
>group  project in the earliest A&S comp. in this
>barony.
>All interested are incouraged to submit a period
>drawing to myself or Lord Cedric for this project.
>
>Last, one reason for the slowness of the project is
>the lack of response from the populace, several people
>have mentioned they would sponsor a table but only one
>person responded to my call on this list for a
>definate response to me personally for the donations.
>Great thanks go to Lady Olivia who read and responded
>to me personally.
>
>So, any one who would like to sponsor one of the
>general use tables, and have your device or your
>households device diplayed on the table) please
>respond to me personally. The cost of donation is
>currently $25.00 per table.
>
>BTW i am
>
>Ld. jean-michel de Meaux
>(mka JEREMY meaux)
>
>(936)-293-8179
>j_meaux at yahoo.com

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW     H.L. Niklas Vasilevich, CSM, KGA, Crane, ORH
Huntsville, Texas           Seneschal of The Barony of Ravens Fort
niklas at wt.net	               Kingdom Secretary, Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-291-9532               Society for Creative Anachronism