[Ravensfort] Just to set the record straight...

KING Of The Firemonkeys theragan at hotmail.com
Tue May 22 13:05:06 PDT 2001

>From: "David R. Hoffpauir" <env_drh at shsu.edu>
>To: ravensfort at ansteorra.org
>Subject: [Ravensfort] Just to set the record straight...
>Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 12:47:28 -0500
>
>I did it Ragan.  There was no "La Bouche" conspiracy.  No sum total
>populous
>input to defame you. I did it.  What's more I told you I did it, apologized
>you and offered a process by which to fix the error.  Since that was not
>enough,
>I do hearby make public my error.

and the nobility shown here and now shows why i think you should be a
KNIGHT!(REALLY) i REFUSE UNCATIGORICALLY to hold you solely responsible
David! i allways have and always WILL!.
and now thanks to you i have to means and forum to show WHY!
take this dagger from your back oh noble one and salve the wound with these
words...

>About three years ago, you were on the list to get a second thistle.  You
>deserved it and the "inner circle" of people the B&B consult (so they don't
>make
>ass of themselves and the Barony) agreed.  Only problem was, come time to
>write
>the award recommendation, we didn't have the correct spelling of your name
>nor
>for that matter did we even know your full SCA moniker.

yes you did if the HERALDS OFFICE WAS DOING IT'S JOB! or the SENICHAL
it's THEIR responsiblity to know these things is it not?
wasn't KIEF the regional or the kingdom hereld at that time?
at this time i would have been a baronial member for 7 years.
and they didn't know my name?
hmmm.

you will notice populace that the baron refers this to be my "SECOND"
sable thistle. a quick check of the order of precedence would have rendered
a suitable name for the scroll to bear.

  So, it had to wait,
>plain and simple. When we offered an alternate "thank you"
excuse me? a WHAT? when? when i was being dissed that event because of my
wanting to show off my new skills with a whip? ( i can snuff candles) with
timo showing his ass trying to make out like i'm endangering peoples lives
when what he really objected to was my showing off to his WIFE when he hated
my guts. (well i friggin well showed Denny (sp?) that i could do what i
said. one crack!   one friggin CRACK! and *snuff*    did i put anybodies eye
out?
did I? did i KNOW Busa was walking BEHIND me YES I DID ! it was causeing me
to Wait. get ready.... no no wait... get ready...
OK I'M CLEAR! CRACK!*snuff*    then up comes Timo swaggering a stepping on
my !*&% as i said at the time. is this the event that i was being sullen?
that you speak of? or are you just talking of many times (i admit) that when
my carving was brought up i said " well gimmi a thistle then!" that's not a
tantrum D. that's just me being UN humble.. never said i was HUMBLE did i
*SMILE* eccept when that fella last event was gushing all over me telling me
what a GREAT drummer i was with Aleric and that lady(dunno WHO she was but
she was GREAT)
sitting right there i was embarrassed as HELL then and HUMBLE!
mark it down in the history books it's happened!

you had a tantrum, in
>court, in public, making an ass of me, Chrystal, and certainly of yourself.
oh well it wasn't the first time *smile* it won't be the last *GRIN*
because....
>Any
>gracious or grateful thoughts were gone.

yes D they were!       on MY part they had eroded LONG before that
that's MY point! in a nut shell. why is it YOU YOU YOU?and that's OK!
but if I feel it's time for me to be concerned with ME ME ME it's selfish?
brass matters and populace don't? that IS the implication
that your feelings matter more to you (which is fine as long as it goes BOTH
ways)ok?

>To confer the award at that point,
>regardless of its merit,((((( ???????????)))))))))))  would have >eroded
>Baronial confidence in us and
>exhibited every appearance of giving in to wails of a cry baby.

not in my circles... it would have shown you were finally listening.

>The year that followed, you were a very different person.  Civil, low-key
>and
>focused on various A&S activities, including more scrolls and bone work.
>When
>the suggestion was brought up again concerning giving you a thistle, it was
>greatly opposed (yes, by the "inner circle" of people with whom the B&B
>consult
>so they don't make ass of themselves or the Barony).  However, my gut said
>you
>deserved it, and Chrystal agreed, it was below our station to hold deserved
>recognition hostage.

don't you mean "any longer"? you have just admitted that that was the case
for a YEAR! what is the differance?

>Only problem was, come time to put in the recommendation, I still didn't
>know
>your friggin full SCA name.
WAS KIEF NOT IN THE BARONY????? he was star pricipal herald and all that
other muckity stuff? why is it that you keep saying you didn't know my NAME
! i'm published in the "Quoth" i'd been in the Barony 8  years! by then. and
bestest friends with Lizardkeep ( not at that time) but certainly charlotte
and dave will NEVER forget my name after what has transpired between us! OH
PUHLEEEEASE!  did anyone try ASKING A FRIEND OF MINE IN THIS BARONY OR
ANYOTHER???? NO?

I remembered it as something similar to Sir Alexis
>la Bouche's.  In fact, what I did was confuse your mundane name in there
>and
>thought it was "Laurent Ragan la Bouche". (lawrence ragan Bourgeois)
looks similar i grant.

It was under two weeks to the event
>and it was either put off the award again or go with what I thought was
>correct.
>
>As far as French translation, well there was none.  I did not know what it
>meant.  Didn't care, didn't look it up, didn't consult anyone on it.
but you consulted "the inner circle" on everything else and as all know the
"inner circle" contains at it's heart charlotte epps
who is FRENCH BORN in AND RAISE in FRANCE!

>Happy
>coincidence that it means "the Mouth" which fits your temperament
> >succinctly,
i prefer le Voix (the voice)
>however, it was purely coincidental and unintended as a slight in any >way.

not by YOU maybe....   timo was told      before court.
period.

>Once I knew the error, I spoke to you about it, told you what had happened,
>how
>it occurred, and how we could fix it before it was registered erroneously
>with
>the College of Heralds.  As a result, the Order of Precedence was updated
>with
>the correct name, Laurent Ragan Rutheven.  'Nuf said.
no it's NOT
nuff said is that it was WRONG and never should have happened.
that there was PLENTY of time in a year to learn a name.
(I LIVE RIGHT HERE IN HUNTSVILLE!)
and the fact that no one DID just shows how MUCH you cared.
the fact that Charlotte AND KIEF KNEW what it meant shows too.
i will allways remeber Kiefs GLARE at me when he called that name out and i
was GENUENLY surprised and confused as to Who this ragan La Bouche was and
was looking around for a namesake when he snarled at me
one day i'll split his helm for it! and THEN i'll forgive him for it.
*smile* YOU i've already forgivin (but i'm still gonna split YOUR helm too)
i beleave you when you say you didn't know what it meant.
i do    i think it was to your best intrests to  check that kinda stuff OUT!
but i think it was more others than you.
and they know it!
now may we shelve this? at least till i get my armour made.
*grin*

>Now if I can just get to the other dozen knives in my back at the moment...

well you may remove one of them     and uh i don't stick em in your back
i thrust straight from the front in PUBLIC so don't say That again eh?
thank you
Ragan

"vox"