[Ravensfort] Just to set the record straight...

MysticZ lt1_z28 at swbell.net
Tue May 22 13:38:28 PDT 2001

Quite a few people, my lady in particular, have asked me why I spend
most of my time at events just sitting around camp and not wandering
around the site. The last few days' mail has pretty much summed it up. I
keep my large white backside firmly planted in camp because there is a
minimum of argument over whatever. This has nothing to do with my not
wanting to deal with it, it has to do with my not wanting to feel the
pain of a bunch of people I consider to be very good friends that I've
known for many years fighting. Is this all so important that we have to
break long standing friendships with each other over who wears a little
brass hat? The job is important, yes, but I would rather see the barony
with no leaders than see the barony at war with itself over filling
those seats. To me, those jobs are no more important than carrying water
on the list field, gathering up the trash around the site Sunday
morning, or mowing the grass the weekend before an event. For now I've
seen enough of this argument, so I offer a deal. For a year and a day I
will do anything the barony asks of me that is in my power to do, in
exchange for an end to this argument.
--
Gundy
lt1_z28 at swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/