[Ravensfort] LOOK FOR THIS FILE & DELETE IT

Alisstassia alisstassia at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 19:04:47 PDT 2001

This is from the Symantec Website:

CAUTIONS:

This particular email message is a hoax. The file that
is mentioned in the hoax, however, Sulfnbk.exe, is a
Microsoft Windows utility that is used to restore long
file names, and like any .exe file, it can be infected
by a virus that targets .exe files.
The virus/worm W32.Magistr.24876 at mm can arrive as an
attachment named Sulfnbk.exe. The Sulfnbk.exe file
used by Windows is located in the C:\Windows\Command
folder. If the file is located in any other folder, or
arrives as an attachment to a email message, then it
is possible that the file is infected. In this case,
if a scan with the latest virus definitions and with
NAV set to scan all files does not detect the file as
being infected, quarantine and submit the file to SARC
for analysis by following the instructions in the
document How to submit a file to SARC using Scan and
Deliver.
If you have deleted the Sulfnbk.exe file from the
C:\Windows\Command folder and want to know how to
restore the file, you should contact your computer
manufacturer or Microsoft for assistance. As an
alternative, If you are running Windows 98 or Windows
Me, see the document How to extract files in Safe Mode
under Windows 98 or Windows Millennium.
NOTE: The instructions in this document are provided
for your convenience. The extraction of Windows files
uses Microsoft programs and commands. Symantec does
not provide warranty support for or assistance with
Microsoft product.