[Ravensfort] Re: reply-isobel

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 11:30:48 PDT 2001

> >No one I spoke to got this impression...Ragan implied you were purposely
> >overlooked
> >(dissed...is the terminology he used) and I was pointing out that the only
> >one who makes the choice of who gets those kind of awards is the CROWN
> >and that if you, or he did not get a award for something HE thought
> >deserved
> >one was because no one had convinced the Crown that an award was deserved.
> >
> yes that's RIGHT I DID ! and Do. and your right too.
> whose job is it again to make those recomendations again?

It is everyone's job to make recommendations!!!!

> oh yes this connects to those posts by the BAron DSD
> HE was the one making RECOMENDATIONS after checking with that "inner circle"
> he mentions about consulting with...about this kind of thing.

He checked with people who he knew he could call up on a moment's
notice and who would have a reasoned opinion...BECAUSE he got few
recommendations from the populace...but none of them with enough
details that would convince the Crown...even David, or I, or Kief,
or Chrystal have to prove to the Crown through explination why
any of us think someone deserves an award

We can't just say "I think they deserve it..."

   SO YOU DIDN'T RECOMEND HER?

no I didn't ...I have been watching her and her work
...and I do not as yet have enough
information about her work and her reasearch to justify in my mind
that I should reccommend her for a thistle in anything yet...

> WHICH WOULD THAT be DEERSLAYER (i don't like that name it's like "La Bouche"
> but you took it..?)

deerslayer is a real life epithet...a deer jumped in front of my
vehicle on the way to an event...and at the time I was just
Lorraine of Seawinds so people started calling me Lorraine
the DeerSlayer...and I kindof liked it...and have found a more
period way of the same connotation...