[Ravensfort] reply-isobel

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Wed May 30 15:48:36 PDT 2001

KING Of The Firemonkeys wrote:

> yes that's RIGHT I DID ! and Do. and your right too.
> whose job is it again to make those recomendations again?

Yours, and every one else in the Barony.  That's why we solicit input before
every event.  Shame is much of the time no one does, so me and Chrystal have to
take up the slack.  We've done upwards of 30 courts and could not cite more than
15 or 20 written and submitted award recommendations from the Populous.  Under
this scenario, who gets awards?  Those who stand out to us, pretty much
exclusively.

> oh yes this connects to those posts.....

(the posts I made in reference to circumstances concerning your thistle
recommendation specifically)

> by the BAron DSD
> HE was the one making RECOMENDATIONS after checking with that "inner circle"

> he mentions about consulting with...about this kind of thing.
> and WHO is one of the people to which he alludes....?
> oh YES ! i remember.
>
> Ragan

As B&B, there is a whole world of consistent, prolonged activity, protocol,
persona play, particiapation, dedication, loyalty, honor, conduct, and behavior
of which we are the eyes and ears.  Adherence to these principles by every
person is expected by the Crown (check Copora and Kingdom Law) and any
recommendation from us, the Baron and Baroness, take these priinciples into
consideration.

If you realized the blatant ignorance of  SCA rules and policy your above
comment conveys, to anyone outside your shoes, I think you'd crawl away in
shame.  You've just coalesced every court, every recommendation, every word of
council, every award given by Chrystal and I over the past seven years into a
cookie recipe.  I've given you sufficient explanation as to why we consult with
others.  You, and ONLY YOU, insist there is a sinister plot amongst those WE
hold in good council.  Sorry, there ain't.  Their only fault is in actually
having a clue. Any other conjecture on their advice is tabloid trash.

Oh, and a footnote, the B&B don't "have to" consult anyone on award
recommendations, nor or they required to solicit input, or take populous
suggestions.  We tend to make better choices and write better recommendations
when we do.

DsD