[Ravensfort] A Call To Arms and Salvation!

Sean P. S. Gulick sean at ig.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 9 07:46:40 PST 2001

Greetings unto the Southern Region from your General,

This missive is a call to arms but more importantly an appeal to save
yourselves from damnation.  For this weekend the one and true pope,
Benedict XIII, who hails from our Southern lands is to be set upon on
the battlefield by not one but two upstarts each claiming that they are
the true pope.  I urge all of the fine and strong war companies and
god's soldiers of the Southern Region to not let this challenge against
one of our own go unanswered.  Join me at the Battle of Three Popes this
weekend to demonstrate by the swiftness of our blades and strength of
our arms the truth under the eyes of the Almighty.  Now I hear tell of
other news that further disturbs me and must spur us to action.  Is it
true there may be a fourth claimant for the papal seat?  Is it perhaps
even true that this most recent challenger may live within our Southern
lands.  It is my utmost hope this is merely a rumor and that the obvious
holiness of our own Benedict XIII will bring many of those into the fold
who might be swayed by the promises of gold and libation.  For only in
fighting for the true pope, Benedict XIII will you find salvation. For
all those that in the end do decide they must support a false-pope, it
is our solemn duty to send each of them swiftly onward to their personal
judgment days.  So I ask to you the Southern Region and shining example
of all that is good and Ansteorran, who will support the true pope
Benedict XIII and join me, the Barony of Bryn-Gwlad, and the Barony of
Bjornsbourg in putting this matter of false popes once and for all time
to rest.

I leave this decision to you but remind you of the peril of a misplaced
allegiance.

Sir Gideon MacLeod, General of the Southern Army