OT and OOP Re: [Ravensfort] where did it come from?

Cathal SilAlmhain silalmhain at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 16:37:58 PDT 2001

--- Eadric Anstapa <eadric at scabrewer.com> wrote:
> > *chuckles* Believe me I understand the "CYA"
> factor. The everyday world of
> > work and wage slavery has taken a chuck out of
> most of us one time or
> > another...
>
> OK, get this.  The latest trend in the big Tech
> Companies seems to be to add
> the statement
>
> "This message is subject to attorney client
> privilege"
>
> to the top of any email you send out.  Then you
> carbon copy any such emails
> to your attorney or legal department (or just their
> standard archive
> mailbox).
>
> Evidently the thought is you can then argue in court
> that the content of any
> such messages can not be used against you as
> evidence because it was part of
> a privileged conversation between you and your
> attorney.

Note, incidentally, that this can only work if the
message is actually between a person and his/her
attorney.  A judge can review any material if there is
a question as to atty-client relationship & privilege.

=====
Cathal SilAlmhain
Title Bard of Graywood
Spring Artisan for the Barony of Ravensfort
"No battle plan has ever survived the first clash of troops."
Napoleon