[Ravensfort] Free Site Fee for Newcomers

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 06:19:35 PDT 2001

Heilsa the list...

Finn did post:

>From: Aedh Finn Mac Cormaic <aodhfionn at unforgettable.com>

>Are we actually in danger of that great a financial loss from newcomers'
>site
>fees that this has become an issue?

Actually, no. Actually...what in Hel's name are you talking about?

A point to ponder. Raven's Fort may well be the only group in the Kingdom to
let newcomers in free. We could just as easily end this policy of the Barony
and charge everyone equally. That way we would not have to worrry about
"newcomers lists at the gate" or "newcomer's cards".

>I understand the problems with the old 'list of names' system, but is it so
>difficult, or financially devastating, for us to trust someone when they
>say
>they or the person they're with is a newcomer?

The easy solution is to charge *everyone*...that would certainly end the
problem.

What you are failing to see is the fact that this is a new deal that will,
in the long run, be a whole lot easier to facilitate. Once the new "business
card" size newcomer cards are printed up they will be available for the
asking. They will be good for one event only (filled in on the back by the
holder) and collected at the gate. One Hel of a lot easier than the old
"catch-as-catch-can" list we have now. As well, the information on the back
of the card will allow the Hospitalier to re-contact those that have shown
an interest in the Barony/SCA.

>After all, we seem willing to believe everyone who says the people they're
>getting tickets for are newcomers, or is it that it is easier and more
>forgivable to consider the person you don't know to be a liar?

Again...what in Hel's name are you talking about here? Or are you just being
particularly "anti-establishment" today..............?

>Finn

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!
Kief
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."