[Ravensfort] Free Site Fee for Newcomers

Aedh Finn Mac Cormaic aodhfionn at unforgettable.com
Wed Sep 12 23:06:38 PDT 2001

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:01:54 -0500, I read the following on a monolith signed by
Paul Gilbert:

>Greetings,
>
>We have a new procedure for getting into events without paying for site fee.
>
>Instead of having a list at the gate, we will be giving out business size
>cards that will act at "tickets" for admittance to the event with no site fee.
>
>If you have a new comer that is coming or want a couple of these cards for
>giving to newcomers for admittance to their first Raven's Fort event,
>please call or email me with a mailing address or method for getting the
>tickets to you.
>
>Have them fill them out and present them at the gate. As usual, they will
>pay for their feast fee, but not site.
>
>Please remember, they must have the ticket or there will be site fee charged.
>
>Any questions, please let me know.

Are we actually in danger of that great a financial loss from newcomers' site
fees that this has become an issue?

I understand the problems with the old 'list of names' system, but is it so
difficult, or financially devastating, for us to trust someone when they say
they or the person they're with is a newcomer?

After all, we seem willing to believe everyone who says the people they're
getting tickets for are newcomers, or is it that it is easier and more
forgivable to consider the person you don't know to be a liar?

Finn