[Ravensfort] Free Site Fee for Newcomers

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Thu Sep 13 04:37:15 PDT 2001

This move is a procedure change that instead of having a list that no one
seemed to know where it was or if the newcomer was placed on it or even if
the "get in free list" got made.

This way the newcomer has a tangible item (the ticket) that they can
present at the gate.

I have had a number of requests for the tickets and those requesting (and
others) have stated they believe this is a good idea.

This also has a side benefit that we can correlate the newcomer with their
sponsor and have the sponsor (if they are willing) to follow up on asking
the newcomer back to future activities. If the sponsor does not wish to do
that for whatever reason. The hospitaler has a name that we can work from
and hopefully gain a member.

This process works much like a free guest pass at a trade show that a
vendor or exhibitor has given out.

The small loss of site fees from this is potential offset by possibly
gaining new members. Research has found that most newcomers eat feast, thus
we make some funding from that to offset the site fee loss.

It is marketing and giving the consumer something tangible for their time.

If someone still needs tickets. Please contact me direct by phone. So we
can make arrangements to get them to you. I can be reached at 936-581-5632
(this is a local call for Huntsville).

Niklas

> >We have a new procedure for getting into events without paying for site fee.
>
> >Instead of having a list at the gate, we will be giving out business size
> >cards that will act at "tickets" for admittance to the event with no
> site fee.
> >
>Are we actually in danger of that great a financial loss from newcomers' site
>fees that this has become an issue?
>
>I understand the problems with the old 'list of names' system, but is it so
>difficult, or financially devastating, for us to trust someone when they say
>they or the person they're with is a newcomer?
>
>After all, we seem willing to believe everyone who says the people they're
>getting tickets for are newcomers, or is it that it is easier and more
>forgivable to consider the person you don't know to be a liar?
>
>Finn

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW     H.L. Niklas Vasilevich, CSM, KGA, Crane, ORH
Huntsville, Texas
niklas at wt.net	               Society for Creative Anachronism
936-291-9532               936-581-5632 cellular