[Ravensfort] Baroness' Bardic at Defender

Lochlann . giervald at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 21 18:43:29 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

     Oh, so this is a Baronial Sponsored Bardic being hosted by the Baroness.
That wasn't made too clear in the original post.  I must have misread it and
come to the conclusion that you were saying there were "no" "Old Fashioned"
bardic circles to be found.  Terribly sorry.

     Actually this sounds like a great idea.

     As you said, House Pharus prefers not to hold "official" bardic circles.
This is because in the past, these officially sponsored bardic circles
inevitably turn into a competition with some sort of "prize".  While there is
nothing wrong with this, it has a tendency of scaring off those individuals
with little or no experience in performing.  It is also not unheard of for a
person with quite a bit of experience to simply get up and walk away when some
well intending soul tried to turn a simple bardic circle into a competition,
because the person in question simply wanted to relax and not worry about
being "the best bard".  Also, a number of people have a sort of stage-fright
if they are performing in a competition but have no problem in a more relaxed
environment, myself included.  Personally it gives me the willies.  Generic
(Nate) out-and-out refused to enter a competition what-so-ever.

     That, My Lady, is why we don't hold "official" bardic circles.

    So, is this going to be a day-time activity or a post-court one?  Either
one sounds great.  If I can (time permitting), I'll probably wander over and belt
a few out myself.

     Actually, if I may be so bold, a feast-time bardic would be neat as well.
Probably not for Defender, as we pretty much have that one booked, but how
about another event?

Lochlann