[Ravensfort] Fwd: Mongol link list

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 17:29:04 PST 2002

 Here are some links Jacinth sent me about Mongol stuff on the web.
Thanks Jacinth!!!!!
Lorraine

  jacinth <jacinth at mail.ev1.net> wrote: Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:33:37 -0600
From: "jacinth"
To: "L T"
Subject: Mongol link list

Some of these sites I had trouble getting to recently, and on a few the
picture links are broken, but I thought the text info might be worth
using. The site I was refering to at Populace is the Buryat Traditional
Costume site... not necessarily the period we were looking, but there
is longstanding tradition for lot of it. Feel free to pass it along
if you think any of it is worth it.

Buryat Traditional Costume
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/8226/huvtsas.html

The Mongolian Nationality
http://www.chinavista.com/experience/inner/mongolian.html

Demonstrations: Felt Boots
http://www.vertetsable.com/feltboots.htm

Mongolian (NL)
http://www.antir.com/teleri/nomads.htm
Lots of Mongolian links.

National Costumes of the Mongolian People's Republic
http://ibelgique.ifrance.com/mongolia///ncmpr/ncmpr.htm

Mongolia Today: Traditional Clothes
http://www.mongoliatoday.com/issue/7/clothes.html

Nadaam Festival
http://www.csen.org/Mongol.Nadaam/Mongol.text.html

Picture of a Wealthy Buryat Man and Wife
http://store1.yimg.com/I/zhemgang_1676_11023632

Korean Traditional Dress
http://www.clickasia.co.kr/about/hanbok.htm
Interesting explanation of change in dress due to Korea becoming a
vasal state of Mongolia.

An Introduction to China
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~plk/History/FeaturesFarEast/ChinaIntro.htm
A summary of the different dynasties.

Mongolian Clothing
http://danielroy.tripod.com/cgi-bin/alternate/mongolia/clothing.html
Has a couple of links to Kerij-e's pages but the site is not responding.

Archive of "Making a Medieval Del"
http://web.archive.org/web/20010412044323/www.9v.com/crystal/kerij-e/docs/del.htm
A lot of the picture links are broken, but you might find some useful info.

Archive of "Chinese Knot Buttons and Fasteners"
http://web.archive.org/web/20010803112453/www.9v.com/crystal/kerij-e/docs/knots.htm
Another archived page from above site.

Chinese Knotting Home Page
http://www.chineseknotting.org/
East Asian History Sourcebook: Chinese Accounts of Rome, Byzantium and
the Midle East, c. 91 B.C.E. - 1643 C.E.

Intelligence Activities
http://www.nis.go.kr/english/intelligence/intelligence06.html
Interesting article about "Clandestine Activities of Mun Ik-jom in Introducing Cotton Seeds from China to the Koryo Dynasty".

When Silk was Gold
http://www.clemusart.com/exhibit/silk/
Museum exhibit about Asian and Chinese Textiles.

The Mongolian Ethnic Minority
http://www.china.org.cn/e-groups/shaoshu/shao-2-mongolian.htm

Stefan's Florilegium: Mongols
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Mongols-msg.text

Mongol Women
http://www.coldsiberia.org/monwomen.htm

Work and Travel in Eastern Europe: The Mongols
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/APhocas/The_Mongols/the_mongols.html

Modar's Mongol Site
http://www2.kumc.edu/itc/staff/rknight/Mongol.htm

Marco Polo: At the Court of Kublai Khan
http://www.korcula.net/mpolo/mpolo5.htm

Mongolia Links
http://laurencio.webz.cz/mongolxel/vinc.htm
In Spanish, but most reputable online translators can handle it.