[Ravensfort] Directions to MMS and helpful reminders

Terri C. Busa busa at texed.net
Tue May 14 09:58:10 PDT 2002

Please pardon the length of this message or multiple postings…

Greetings—

Do you have plans for Friday, May 24, 2002?

If not please consider coming to Montgomery Middle School’s annual
Renaissance Festival.  Current demo times are 9 am to 2 pm.  Lunch is
provided.

We still have space for anyone who would like to come show off their skills.
We are spreading out into two areas of the school (both air-conditioned
:-)).

Directions to Montgomery Middle School
If you do not find directions to suit your needs below let me know or create
use Mapquest (or similar) to create them for you—School address is 803
Liberty Street, Montgomery, TX  77316

That morning please feel free to call me if you need—School number (936)
597-7070 (answered after about 7:15 am) or my cell # (936) 524-1900 (on from
about 6:45 till 8:00)

I can’t say this enough:  Watch the speed limit especially in
Montgomery!!!!!
I would really hate to see any of you get stopped on your way here (or
home).

>From Huntsville area
Option 1:
a.  I-45 south to TX 105 in Conroe
b.  TX 105 W to Montgomery (about 15 miles)---Watch the speed limit
especially in Montgomery!!!!!
c.  Turn left onto 149 South (right after the Brookshire Brothers and
McDonalds—both on the left hand side of the road).
d.  School is on the right—pull into the 3rd entrance (car rider entrance)
and park near the basketball goals in the SCA reserved parking if we run out
of spaces there we should be able to park on the grass nearby – ask me when
you arrive on site.

Option 2:
Take your best route to 1791
Go through the National Forest until 1791 meets 149
Turn left on 149 go about 10-15 miles-- Watch the speed limit especially in
Montgomery!!!!!
After crossing 105 at the light the School is on the right—Be sure to cross
105 before looking for Montgomery Middle School—you will go through the
school zone for Montgomery Intermediate School before getting to 105.
Pull into the 3rd entrance (car rider entrance) and park near the basketball
goals in the SCA reserved parking if we run out of spaces there we should be
able to park on the grass nearby – ask me when you arrive on site.

>From Conroe/The Woodlands Area
Take your best route to TX 105
TX 105 W to Montgomery (about 15 miles)---Watch the speed limit especially
in Montgomery!!!!!
Turn left onto 149 South (right after the Brookshire Brothers and
McDonalds—both on the left hand side of the road).
School is on the right—pull into the 3rd entrance (car rider entrance) and
park near the basketball goals in the SCA reserved parking if we run out of
spaces there we should be able to park on the grass nearby – ask me when you
arrive on site.

>From Bryan/College Station Area
Take your best route to HWY 6
HWY 6 to 105 East (I have no idea how many miles) -- Watch the speed limit
especially in Montgomery!!!!!
Turn right at the light at 149 (Texaco station on left—Diamond Shamrock on
right—Get to McDonalds-gone to far :-))
School is on the right—pull into the 3rd entrance (car rider entrance) and
park near the basketball goals in the SCA reserved parking if we run out of
spaces there we should be able to park on the grass nearby – ask me when you
arrive on site.

Other things to remember:

No live steel –Sorry State Law at work here
Please postpone the Steppes “beverage” trip until after the demo (no alcohol
on campus –State law again).
Smoking is not permitted on campus (once again those pesky state laws at
work again)
Please be mindful of language and tattoos (no state law here—just my job—and
I would like to keep it :-))

Final Thoughts
To make things easier on everyone, please meet me in the gym on Friday
morning—if I have you listed as being in the band hall I will give you
directions then (its easy). For school safety regulations I do have to know
who is there and by meeting me in they gym you will miss a MAJOR traffic jam
in the front office (trust me).

You are all great and wonderful and I look forward to seeing everyone on
Friday, May 24th.  I’m sure that there is something (or someone) that I have
forgotten—I promise not to be offended if forgotten items are brought to my
attention.

If you have questions or need anything else—please let me know.

Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd
(Terri Busa)
(936) 597-7612 before 9 pm
busa at texed.net or since email to me seems to be bouncing at times…..