[Ravensfort] Enough...

Joy Midkiff midkiffjoy at hotmail.com
Fri May 3 08:54:42 PDT 2002

It WOULD be nice to pretend that ragan was our only problem, indead the
sca's ONLY problem when it comes to keeping newcomers but in truth, he is
not.  The first two years of being in the sca seems to ALWAYS draw the
(&%$^%$*&&%&^)s.  Its good to point out the phanomonon that there are and
will always be people who attack newbies for bad/no garb, etc.  Its WRONG,
but until people grow up it'll always be that way.  And i must say, though
im SURE he HAS scared many a person, and although i dont think ragan will
ever act like we would like him too, Ragan was one of the FEW people who was
ALWAYS nice to me when I was a newbie.  He was one of the people who got me
to stay in the sca until i could find my own footing, and there were ALOT of
MEAN people in ravens fort and outside of ravens fort who tried run me off.
Instead of spawning MORE childish bickering, I would LIKE to think that this
being pointed out would cause us to examine how WE personally veiw and treat
newbies, and what WE could do to help our barony more newbie frendly.  Our
baron and baroness is determined that we grow in size during their reign.
Lets see what WE can do to help in their efforts to attract and KEEP anyone
who may be interested in joining us.  After all, although some of us may
have a HARD time remembering it, WE were all once newbies too.

in service,

-joy midkiff
simon orom