[Ravensfort] Enough...

Lochlann . giervald at hotmail.com
Fri May 3 09:31:55 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

     Bravo Simon, well said.  I agree that Ragan is not our only problem when
it comes to scaring off newbies.  In truth I've don't recall any incident
where a newbie was scared off by Ragan, scared of him maybe, but not scared
off by him.

    Generally new people are not "scared off", they are treated like garbage
by some "know-it-all" or are ignored compleatly and leave feeling disgusted,
hurt, and thinking that they are unwelcome in the group.

   I am thinking of one incident in particular where a friend of mine had just
arrived on site and was berated quite vehemently about not being in garb.  If
the peer in question had shut their trap for a moment they would have found
out that my friend had Ren-garb which she was going to put on as soon as she
got her tent up.  That was three years ago.  To the best of my knowledge she
hasn't come back.  She would have made a fine addition to our baroney.

   Now, to be fair, our barony has less of a problem with this then other
baronys (or so I've heard) but that doesn't make it right.  And yes, I will
admit a small part of me twinged a few times when I saw people wandering
around "nekkid" but that didn't stop me from saying 'hi'.

   So, here's the deal.  That which does not grow, dies.  I, for one, will not
let this barony die.  House Pharus has brought new people to every R.F. event
for the last two years (since we became a household) I now challenge the other
R.F. households to start bringing new people. At least one per event.

   The gauntlet has been thrown.

     Ld. Lochlann McGruer

       Primus

   House Pharus