[Ravensfort] Heraldry was Sbandieratori

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 08:14:40 PDT 2002

Just documenting the Irish helping the Spanish won't work
You would have to document that an Irish surname was used in
Spain pre-1600 in conjunction with a Spanish surname...
for at least 5 instances

the _______ y _______ is very late period...almost post-period

Remember that the Spanish peoples...(who were not a combined
"country" till 1491) were very egocentric...if a forgiener
stayed in their country...they would use the Spanish version
of their name...and maybe give them an epithet meaning from
whereever or forgiener but would not as far as the College of Heralds
has been able to find...(and some of the people doing the research
are professors who's specialty is early Spanish Naming Practices...)
anywhere in official documents were a person of another nationality
has kept a forgien name when staying in a Spanish state...

Lorraine