[Ravensfort] Defender Planning Meeting Report

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Thu Aug 21 08:28:35 PDT 2003

Greetings,

Below you will find a complied list of notes, duties and actions that came
out of the Defender Planning meeting held Tuesday night a our house.

There are few work days left. The weekend before the event. However, the
site can be opened at any time foe those that wish to go work.

If someone sees a correction or addition, let me know.

If someone sees something we missed, let me know.

If someone sees something they want to do or help with, let the person in
charge of that item and me know. I feel that the help will be VERY appreciated.

So here goessss.......

Prizes...... Let fill the prize boxs this year. Donate or make something as
a prize.
Heavy:
         Pass Along:
                 Shield, Axe, Pendant
         Keeper:
                 Box (Joy)
                 Need stuff to go in box
                 One other item for heavy.
Light:
         Pass along:
                 Buckler, Cape, 2 blades
         Keeper:
                 Blades (Randy)
                 Shirt (TBA)
                 Box (Joy)
A&S:
         Pass Along:
                 Box with stuff in it
         Keeper:
                 Books (Racheal)
                 Box (Joy)
                 Need other items
Equestrian:
         Pass Along:
                 1/2 sheet blanket, Bridle
         Keeper:
                 Pen Set (John)
                 Need other items
New Comer:
         Cape for the Light, tabbard for the heavy

Scrolls:
         Heavy:
                 Need one
         Light:
                 Racheal
         A&S:
                 Klare
         Eques:
                 Need one

         None for New comer

Youth Boffer Tourney:

         Need some prizes for this. Think in terms of kids, fighting,
boffer stuff. Get with John,
                 Magnus, Arturus or Us for suggestions.
         Need about 3-4 items.

Work for site before event:

         Kill Ants and major level mow site. (Keif and helper if he needs one)

         Need someone(s) to handle these water related duties
                 Clean out water barrels and fill
                 Clean out kitchen water jugs and fill
                 Clean out water tower and fill
                 Repair water lines and faucets for water tower
         They will need to be done the week before the event.

         Mow list field (Big Chris?)

         Clean Showers, maybe paint one of them.

         Move fallen trees from roads.
         Spray poison ivy, clean up trash piles.

         R&R pulley system for BGT

We are getting 10 privies so far. There will be 8 reg and 1 handicap. The
10th is a private request.

Contests:

         Heavy:
                 Challenge Tourney:
                         Different level fighters will be worth different
points. Fight for set length of
                         time. High point wins tourney, but may not be
champion. B&B will choose
                         final champion by TBD method.

                         List Mistress: Clarissima

         Light:
                 Endurance Tourney:
                         See don Robert for styles, etc. Same on tourney
winner, and champion
                         choice.

                 List Mistress:  Lady Julianna

         A&S:
                 No theme, straight , single entry. documentation required.
Same style here as
                 heavy and light.

                 Coordinators: Jacinth and current champion (Melacinda (sp))

         Equest:
                 Usual contest as set forth by the E-group. Choice of
Champion same as others
                 above.

                 Coordinators: E-Group

         New Comers tourneys
                 Same as in past. Must have been fighting one year or less.
                 Will be held SUNDAY morning at 9-10am.

Feast:

         Feast Steward, Ernie
         Style:  Corea (Korean-Oriental)

         Need folks for cook crew, See Ernie or Julianna (Diane)
         Need clean up crew, see Ernie or Julianna (Diana)
         Need servers for feast. Will be served family style.
                 See Ernie or Julianna

Hat Lunch:

         Coordinator and Cook: Dusty
         See him for server help and other assistance and needs.

Decorations and Court:

         Coordinator: Racheal

         Racheal making 8 large and 8 smaller banners for list field and road
         Lorraine making several others for use in court area.
         Lighting will be Oriental lanterns an ticki torches and some Coleman
         cloth walls will be used to hide lean-too and other items.
         Feast and court will be held under the pines behind the kitchen.
         Court will be after feast, most likely. TBA

Misc Activities:

         Bardic Circle in Ravens Fort Central
                 Sponsor by Gerald of Leesville, RF Bard

         Brewing & Vinting contest:
                 Sponsored by Magnus. See him for details.

         Knife Axe & Spear activities will be available, there is no contest.

         Archery range will be open, Plachoya will handle.

Gate:
         Head Gatekeeper: Annes
         Open at 4pm Friday, close 4pm or so Sat.
         See Arturus for details.
         Need o be sure all forms, books, etc are in place and on site in
time to open.
         Pavillion will be set up in usual place.
         Need refreshment for gate workers. Such as water, cookies, sodas,
chips.
         Need Coleman or light for them fro night shift.

Water Bearing:

         Scarlet Sisters of GatesEdge are handling this. They have it well
in hand.
         Do we need to provide oranges, pickles and such or do they? Need
to determine and act.
         Will have water jugs and pavilion set up for them

Site Rules:

         Need to update and be sure they are present.
         Need to make signs for gate concerning activities and trash
procedures (bring it in, you
         pack it out, we have no trash service)

Hospitaller Pavilion:

         There will be one. Shane will handle.

Need Field Heralds for activities.
Need court heralds for courts
         See Lorraine for this.

Tentative schedule:

         7am     Rapier Inspection Starts
         8am     Rapier Fighting starts
         9am     Heavy Inspection Starts
         10AM    Morning court (list field)
         10:30   Fighting resumes, other activities start
         4pm     All Activities completed
         6pm     Feast
         7pm     Court
         Revelling

         This is a very teatime schedule. Subject to change

If something was missed, needed, change or whatever, let me know.

Let's step up to the plate and take charge. Volunteer, help, to get the
event rolling and make it a great one.

HE Niklas
Baron

Paul Gilbert,   KE5ZW                   H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
Huntsville, Texas                       Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
niklas at pbgilbert.net                    CSM, Crane, ORH, KGA , AoA
936-291-9532 home                               Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-581-5632 cellular                           Society for Creative
Anachronism
                               AIM Name: KE5ZW