[Ravensfort] The mini tourney at the Gazebo on Dec.7

Charles Anderson kmac1314 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 08:00:46 PST 2003

--- Brian du Val <cobalt60 at lcc.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>     Just a reminder to all that this sunday I am
> sponsoring a BANZAI TOURNEY this sunday. All
> fighters need to be at the GAZEBO at 2 p.m. for
> armor inspection.
> You may ask your self "what is a BANZAI TOURNEY?"
> Well "BACK IN THE DAY" of the old Raven's Fort we
> held a Banzai Tourney on the weekend of Dec.7 and
> Laird Keagan MacAngus was the one I remember
> organizing it. It is a tourney fought with out
> shelds. SIngle Sword, Spear, Florentine, Great
> Sword, Axes and Glaives will be permited on the
> field only! I am not looking for a bunch of Pomp and
> Pageantry at this tourney just a bunch of fighters
> who want to fight and have a good time. BUT if any
> one wants to set up additional banners and
> decorations feel free to do so. We have set up for
> demos for the last two weekends and a weekend of
> just fighting would be nice. But Who am I to stop
> you from placing your pavillion up or your banners
> up for all to see. I will bring the Power Aid and my
> Daughter with some weapons and daipers hahahaha.
>

>    See all of you there.
>

>                    Brian  :o)
>
> P.S. At the last demo a heard a young lady ask,  "
> So, like, wuz that the type of armor they wore back
> in the day or what?"  I don't have enough space to
> tell you what I told her and how bored she got
> listening to me babble on about the pursuit of
> tourney and what types of armor WUZ
> worn..........................................bla
> bla bla bla.
>  If she could have chopped off her arm to get away,
> she would have.

  Well now "Grasshopper" If I remember a young
Nipponese Ronin named Yoshi wore Japanese style
"carpet armor" it DID NOT look like shag carpet but
looked GOOD.  later this same young warrior made a
complete suit of Japanese lacquer scale and it even
won an A&S award at one of our events.  BTW Bri, did
you keep that set? or even better do you still have
the "carpet set???? Oh yeah ya forgot one more item
for the tourney, It was fought on the "Infamous
Footbridge" that was built at Kiefs. Thanks for the
Memory Brian.  :0)

Kegan Graybeard,(yep it is turning that color WAY TOO
FAST!!!) HELLO AARP 50 is closing FAST