[Ravensfort] 1st Event Cards--A Few Questions

House Lizardkeep lizardkeep at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 5 22:35:44 PST 2003

Why does the $3 surcharge have to apply to people who uses passes?  Aren't they guests?  As "guests" the member/non-member surcharge does not need apply.  If we worry about liability and waivers it is simple enough to include the basic waiver form text on the back of the passes and get the "guests" to sign it.  Instant record keeping.  No added paperwork.
Gwynn
 Clarissima <ldyclarissima at yahoo.com> wrote:Everyone does need to remember the $3 non-member
surcharge. Should the barony pay it? Last event I
believe we had 25 passes used. That equals $75. That
doesn't seem like a lot, but we need to acknowledge
that we are sending this to corporate. This is also a
bookkeeping nightmare.

Grazie
Clarissima

--- Brian du Val wrote:
> I too concur with Nicholas on both sides. It does
> help and we can keep track
> of who was new at the event but how do we work in
> the $3.00 non member
> charge?
> Do we keep a separate list of first event new
> comers or just use the Get
> In FREE ticket as a guest pass for just the day?
> Either way waivers have to
> be signed.
> If newcomers are invited to the event a host or
> guide should be
> available. The Hospitler should handle this but not
> always are they able to
> stay with newcomers or guests. People who invite a
> person to an event should
> be mature and able to act as host and guide. Getting
> their guests in to garb
> and helping them fit in should not be a burden to
> them if their guest is
> indeed a friend.
>

> Brian

=====