[Ravensfort] Post a recipe!

Mary R rufus67 at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 11:49:22 PDT 2003

I think at this point, I shall take a page out of Jacinth's book and post a
recipe.  I am not sure how period it is (probably not at all), but hope you
enjoy it anyway.

~Mary of Axefoot

Mediterranean potatoes with olives, herbs and tomatoes

2 pounds waxy potatoes (4 or 5 lg. potatoes)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Spanish onion, finely sliced
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
1 clove of garlic, chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 cup mixed black and green olives, pitted
15 fluid ounces vegetable stock
Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.  Add the potatoes and simmer for
10 minutes, until they are partly cooked.  They should still be firm when
pierced with a knife.  Drain and set aside to cool.

Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onion and sun-dried tomatoes over
a medium flame for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.

Peel and thinly slice the potatoes.  Oil a medium casserole dish.  Arrange a
layer of potatoes on the bottom and season with garlic, salt and pepper.

Scatter some of the onion and tomato to mixture and olives over the
potatoes.  Add another layer of potatoes and toppings, and repeat until
everything is used.  End with a layer of potatoes.

Bring stock to a boil and pour it over the potatoes.  Bake in the oven for
30 to 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked and crispy.  To serve,
scatter parsley on top.

Makes 4 servings.

Taken from the Huntsville Item by John Eschenfelder