[Ravensfort] business meeting

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Mon Nov 17 15:49:49 PST 2003

Kief av Kiersted wrote:
> Heilsa Gundy...
>
> We've been posting on the "Rankin Rd" area...the area we should
> be looking at is Rayford Rd / Sawdust in Montgomery County /
> Woodlands...

I live two exits north of Rayford. It's fairly well flooded around here, but
I haven't been to Rayford today. The chances of talking me into leaving the
house are fairly slim, actually. Until about an hour ago the usual way to my
place was under a foot of water. The alternate street was clear, though.

> Ja...it's a tad moist outside right now...

Do I get the prize for understatement of the week? ;)

> The best bet for seeing a real time RADAR shot is the following
> http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/latest/DS.p19r0/si.khgx.shtml
>
> It's a NOAA weather RADAR shot. Depending on the amount of
> rainfall in the area of Rayford Rd / Sawdust there may well be no
> problem having the Business Meeting at the regular time and
> place. It looks like, for the near term (next few hours) the rain
> has stopped in the Rayford Rd.
>
> Your good neighbor...

It's raining again, but not as hard as earlier. It actually never rained
that hard, just constant all day. Where is the meeting, anyway? The main
problem in this part of the world is the county being too lazy to maintain
the drainage system. Our culverts are full of sand dumped by contractors
building houses. Water shoots out the downstream side by about a foot. Cool,
but impractical.
--
Gundy
mysticz28 at swbell.net