[Ravensfort] viking garb

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Tue Feb 3 18:29:21 PST 2004

Katrina wrote:
>Unfortunately, there are quite a few of our cast of characters that fall into the category of "garb snob" (or whatever you want to call them) ... and they aren't afraid to snipe, out loud and quite publicly, at those who for whatever reason, be it monetary or knowledge, do not present the correct facade that they feel they should.  Perhaps if our Peers would SAY something to those that are guilty of these actions, we could get beyond the snide names that are so very hurtful.

Just because others do it, does not mean it is right to do it.  I am quite
publicly saying that.  If you are offended say so, just as I did -- it is your
responsibility to say when someone is going too far, otherwise they are
probably not going to notice.  Just as Olivia probably did not realize her
comment would be offensive, the others may not either, or maybe don't
have a lot of tact.  Complaining about it to others is not going to fix it.  You
can't expect others to do it for you, otherwise you are going to be waiting
forever.  It has to start somewhere, and that means telling others that what
they are doing is hurtful...  whether or not they listen, well, that is up to
them.  What I was trying to say (perhaps in an over-wordy fashion) is
respect others decicision to be as authentic as they like... it does take a
certain retentiveness to digest some of the data that is out there.  You
should be happy there are people out there who are willing to do it and
even happier when they share it, not tearing them down for their
doggedness.  That smacks of sour grapes.  Name-calling has no place on
this list.

-Jacinth-