[Ravensfort] viking garb

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 23:46:43 PST 2004

Okay, colour me clueless...I guess I haven't seen such behaviour lately...most
of our problem children have moved on...ya know if I see that kind of stuff...I'm
pretty confrontational...you're going to have to write to me privately to help me
figure out what you mean...

But for one thing...as far as getting the Peers to handle stuff...it's everyone's responsibility to help quash this kind of behaviour...and remeber not everyone understands that what they are doing is causing problems, they might think that
they are trying to be helpful...but just don't have the people skills to phrase it right.

First take a breath and figure out if the person is really being mean...or  whether they
just lack tact...most just lack tact...if you really think they mean to be hurtful then figure out a way to approach them, if you can't then look to officers, the B&B, peers,etc...for advice on handling the situation...

One thing I have learned the last few years is that you have to use the "power jewelry"
judiciously...pull it out too early and you cause more problems and set in place more
barriers than if you appoach something low key...it is usually best to "save the big guns for last"...but then again there are situations when something needs to be "nipped in the bud"...

Lorraine

Battaglia <momma_cammie at yahoo.com> wrote:

Jacinth,

Unfortunately, there are quite a few of our cast of characters that fall into the category of "garb snob" (or whatever you want to call them) ... and they aren't afraid to snipe, out loud and quite publicly, at those who for whatever reason, be it monetary or knowledge, do not present the correct facade that they feel they should.  Perhaps if our Peers would SAY something to those that are guilty of these actions, we could get beyond the snide names that are so very hurtful.

Ly. Katrina Alyse Argo
a.k.a. Momma Cammie
m.k.a. Cam Battaglia