[Ravensfort] viking garb -linen

Jeffrey Watson agjwatson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 4 11:03:43 PST 2004

Right. I have found linen at JoAnn's and Hancock before, but it is normally in pastel colors for easter and spring.

While you are correct that you can't be sure of the color, weave, and quality when ordering over the net, if you are looking for a white, natural, or general color, it will likely do good for you. The weights shown are pretty accurate and the fineness (is that a word?) of the threads can pretty much be determined from the weight (3.5 = fine, 5.3=medium, 7.1=coarse).

I have ordered from them around 20 times and have never disappointed. Most of the time the fabric has gone into a garment not to be worn by myself and everyone that has worn it has been very pleased with it also.

I also know of a coupon code that they seem to have forgotten to deactivate. If you wish to order some enter "FLAX" for the coupon/offer code and you will get 10% off. While that is not a high percentage off, it at least helps offset the cost of shipping.

Edric

dankat at tca.net wrote:
> Hey Fionna...you stated in your missive that there were places nearby
> that you've used for sources that you can get linen at comparable
> prices...care to share...Silk Road is a far bit to go for most >
folks...

Unfortunately, it means haunting the local Joann's and Hancock Fabric
stores. (I'll have to bring my latest find from the Conroe Hancock
Fabric Store to show you) But I LOVE those 50% off coupons!! Silk
Road is a bit of a trip, and more expensive. I generally only go there
if I am looking for something very specific.

> And we really do need to get together so I can learn more about
> spinning...

Fiber Party!!! Let me know when you want to play...

Fionna