[Ravensfort] viking garb

Barbara Gilbert kezia at pbgilbert.net
Tue Feb 3 22:09:16 PST 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: rachel luce
  To: Barony of Raven's Fort
  Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 1:47 AM
  Subject: [Ravensfort] viking garb

  "Absolutely great article. The information is very good. "
  I have enjoyed reading some of these post, they have been quite informative. The Great thing about the SCA is that it's the most versital of any hobby I have know. We have many different people from many different backgrounds and interest. The bad thing about e-mail...I know Xanthe and she did not mean this as harsh as it sounded. Olivia's statement was not intended to be hurtful, and this is the part of "we are all different" Yes different kingdoms do play very differently. Some except A &S that we would not and some require almost museum replicas. Some people spent a lot of time and money to be very accurate and it is very important to them, and some just don't care. As a member of the SCA everyone is expected to give an appearance of period history. That appearance may be "museum replica" or just the 10 foot rule. People who don't like fighting have the same problem with those that only play to fight. The Great thing about the SCA is that all these different people still play and have fun at the same game :)

  HE Kezia