[Ravensfort] Update on Care Packages

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Thu Jul 22 06:49:40 PDT 2004

Hi....

Before anything can be done on this project....a little housekeeping has to
be done.

If this program is going to be done in the name of the Barony, it needs to
be approved by the officers and the B&B.

I have not heard of or seen any such action being or have been taken.

I am not against this project (in fact I think it is a good idea), but if
it is to be done in the name of the Barony, it needs to be done in an
organized and proper fashion with means of control and organization.

Here is what I highly suggest we do....

At the Aug populace, discuss the plan and project, make a plan and stick to
it. I suggest that Love write up the idea and plan and bring it to the
meeting for all to read.

Do not drag this out for months talking about it. Have a simple straight
forward idea and plan and have one or two people coordinating it. Since it
was Love's idea, I would suggest Love and one other person to help her.

Once the plan is set, move forward. Make up a list of things for folks to
have that they can pick from and donate or one could give cash and items be
purchased and sent.

Have a set number of packages per month and stick to it. However, and we
need to check on this...I do not think we can use any baronial funds for
this either for shipping or items. I would suggest pass the hat to cover
the shipping or as Mary suggested, someone sponsor a package for shipping.

I will endeavor to be at that populace meeting.

We just need a plan and we need to have a high level of agreement within
the Barony for this project due to it's hotly political issue.

Now.......let me make really sure all understand this.............

I am, repeat...I am not against this idea.

We just need to make sure we can do it under the Barony's name and have a
plan to do it with, rather that shooting from the hip and not hitting anything.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Just trying to head off
any possible problems before they occur and make the project fun for all.

HE Niklas

At 10:11 PM 7/21/04 -0700, you wrote:
>Mary that is a wonderful idea if we can get a sponsor. I also checked the
>only company other than USPS that delivers to the troops is DHL but they
>are more expensive. We can do both get a sponsor if someone wants to be a
>sponsor and the "Save a Penny" drive to tell you the truth. If anyone
>would like to sponsor the postage to send a care package one month please
>let me know. Or if you would just like to donate some pennies or nickles
>or dimes or quarters that would be great. I do not know yet if I will be
>able to attend the next fighter practice I know forsure I will be at the
>August 8th fighter practice.  That gives everyone a couple of weeks to
>save pennies and to pick up a donation or two. I will also be at the
>August populace on the 5th.
>
>In Service, Love
>
>Mary R <sirenssong at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>I was told that the Post Office is the cheapest way to send
>packages.  Please keep in mind that my package went to an APO address (LSA
>Anaconda).  The Save a Penny drive sounds good, but might take longer to
>get the funds.  What if someone sponsored a package each month?  As in we
>get the food and what nots for the package but the postage is sponsored by
>a different person?  I dunno, just a thought.  I will be at Fighter
>Practice on Sunday.  Maybe we can discuss it further then.
>
>Lady Mary of Axefoot
>
>Jan Aarons <loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com> wrote:
>However, I still would still like to do the "Save a Penny" drive.
>In Service,
>Love of Halesworth
>Minister of Arts and Science
><mailto:loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com>loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com

>stars of Yahoo!'s next ad campaign!

Paul Gilbert,   KE5ZW                       H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
niklas at pbgilbert.net                     Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
936-714-3198 cellular                    Kingdom of Ansteorra

                Texas Dept. of Transportation,  Radio Operation's
                        Cedar Park, Texas   512-506-5141
                                 pgilber at dot.state.tx.us

                    "What day of the week is it as to where I
am....."