[Ravensfort] AAA event stories?

david brown reddecay at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 19:49:25 PDT 2004

--- "D. Vandever" <hlannes at ev1.net> wrote:
> All I can say is that it was all just WOW! If you
> couldn't get to my museum then you missed a treat.
> Almost every group in the kingdom brought something.
> I think the thing I was most unprepared for was how
> emotional people got. Looking back on it I should
> have known better but the first time I had to
> comfort someone who came across a picture of someone
> important to them who was no longer with us (for
> whatever reason) and broke down in tears, it sort of
> surprized me. After the 4th time I did that, I was
> getting more used to it but the catharsis of emotion
> was still draining.
>
> I also am still just really awed by Robin of
> Gilwell's recounting of our 25 years of history. It
> was a damn shame that he had to do it during feast
> and so many paid him not a lick of attention. But I
> am going to get a copy of that, you betcha!
>
> Oh, BTW, put lots of stuff down. I want to save it
> for my historian files!
> Annes
> Dear God,  Help me to be the person
> my dog thinks I am.  Amen

alas annes...
this tends to happen. seems to me that alot of folk
care not for the past in ways that most others do. i
can only wonder why folk would want to join a group
that re-enacts the middle ages if they are just going
to meander blindly through.
maybe those of us who really like to play the middle
ages will rub off on them.

lord devin