[Ravensfort] motto?

Mirabelis mirabelis at kindled-spirits.com
Sun Dec 4 12:39:29 PST 2005

Greetings!  Personally I think it should be something like, cant we all just
get along?  I mean really.  Deep down I think we all have the same desire
for the barony to be prosperous and survive.  At the rate we're going I have
serious doubts.  We are finally faced with a new start, a new reign of a
baron and baroness who in the face of adversity have stepped up to lead this
group of people into the new age.  And why should they?  This bickering has
got to stop.  Has anyone ever asked themselves why in the world out of 45 or
so members of this group, that only a handful ever show up to populace
meetings?  Has anyone ever asked themselves why in the world we don't ever
get newcomers to come to more than one meeting?  I have been trying and
trying to get folks inspired to come out and take part in our group, and why
would they want to?  After listening to this crap go on for the past 6 years
or so it gets soooooo old.  Why don't people want to hold offices? Why
should they?  That's what we need to be asking.  I'm so tired of hearing it
I want to throw up my arms and say "screw it all".  This bickering between
groups of people is tiring, tiring for me and I know its got to be tiring
for the rest of the group as well.  Personal things need to stay personal so
that the group can go forward as a group.  I applaud the candidates for
taking a step up in this confusion to try to make our barony survive.  I've
been a part of this group for all of my SCA life!  I would hate to see our
demise, to go back to a shire because we cant get our act straight.  No
other group slams personal people on emails like this group does.  Its no
wonder people don't want to come out and be a part of it all.  But yet we
keep going on, keep trying to make it a better place for us all to go and
have FUN!!! That's what its all about people, fun for the group, fun for us,
fun for everyone that comes around.  What happened?  Work can be fun, but
people have got to stop with this petty crap.  We're going to loose what we
have going and that's a shame.  I had a great time at yule, for the first
time in years I felt like we as a group have moved somewhat forward and that
there is hope for us yet.  BAH!  Just wait until the next day when someone
says something that offends someone else, and it doesn't involve the group.
I don't know what was said, who said what, and I don't really care.  If it
doesn't involve me personally then what difference does it make?  Why are
people saying negative things in such a promising time?  Maybe our motto
needs to be "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all!"

My 2Cents in a world I am trying to stay positive in and take a more active
role, wading thru all this crap!

Mirabelis