[Ravensfort] Thank You and some personal observations from RavensMarch

Cam Battaglia momma_cammie at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 12:38:52 PST 2005

Greetings Unto the Populace of Ansteorra,

I would like to take a few moments to say a heartfelt
"Thank You" to all of the Merchants and Taverns who
were able to join us this past weekend at RavensMarch.
 Without you, and your dedication to this wonderful
Dream we all share, so much would be missing from the
feel of our joint endeavor.  We spent this past
weekend as a village and I feel blessed to have served
you all in some small way.

And now, some personal observations from one who
seldom was able to leave Merchants Row ...

The grace, beauty and dignity of our Queen makes me
proud to call Ansteorra my home.  The dignity,
fairness and valor of our King makes my heart swell
with pride.  And the little Prince ... well, he is the
shining jewel of our future, as are all of our
children.  He brought a smile to my face, lifted my
heart when I thought I was too tired to move another
step and gave me a chuckle or two.

While I was not able to view much of the fighting in
either area, I know that I saw many tired yet happy
faces on the fighters that passed through our little
village.  A debt of gratitude is owed to Duke Patrick
Michael and Sir Alexis for leading the valiant
Chivalric Fighters, as well as to Baron Armand and
Gavin for their efforts with our Rapier Fighters.  May
they all prevail in the coming War!

After a long day of fighting, fellowship and
bargaining, evening court was convened before the
gates of BorderKeep.  To see Their Majesties, as well
as the Baron and Baroness Bordermarch and the Baron
and Baroness of Ravens Fort, along with the memebers
of their entourages, before the castle ... Such a
stunning sight ... so much beauty, grace and dignity
assembled in one place.  Yes, my fellow Ansteorrans,
we will be represented at Gulf Wars by all that
defines such terms as "chivalry", "royalty", and
"honor".

This event was very special to me because I have long
held Ravens Fort in my heart as my Barony ... although
I now live in and work for Barony Bordermarch.  As I
watched Baron Niklas and Baroness Kezia request
permission to step down from their holding, my heart
was sad.  They are wonderful people and have done so
much for Ravens Fort.  They are well loved and will be
deeply missed.  The passion and love in his voice as
Baron Niklas addressed the Order of the Raven and his
Guard was most moving.  But the land was placed for
safe keeping into the capable and sure hands of Sir
Kief and Mistress Lorraine as Vicar and Vicaress.
This is a difficult undertaking they have accepted and
I know that we will all support them in this
transition time.

Fellow Ansteorrans, there were (I believe) 18
newcomers at this event ... and one young lady who
came all the way from St. Petersburg, Russia!  That is
our future.  These fine young people were called
before Their Majesties and gifted with tokens to
remember their experiences and the Dream we all hold.
To them, I say Vivat! and I hope they return to share
their time and talents with us again.

There is so much more I could say ... but this short
missive grows over long as it is.  So I shall cease
bending your ears and ask that you go for to Gulf War
with pride and honor, knowing that those of us who
cannot follow shall hold the borders safe against your
victorious return to our lands.

In service,
I remain,
Ly Katrina Alyse Argo