[Ravensfort] Doubt and Leadership

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Fri Jul 29 15:18:51 PDT 2005

http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi2011.htm

A few months back when I first started to, whatever, 'direct your attention' toward the 'Engines of Our Ingenuity' episodes, not only was I looking for historical content and discussion for our 'discussion list', I was also looking to offer hope and guidance in the first days of a new era within our group.  The very first episode I offered up was not an episode at all but a treatise on cooperation.  It was bit long, but for any who actually read it, the content was, I am certain you will agree, appropriate to our organization and especially our group.*

Today, I'm going to go out on a limb again and suggest another recent episode that offers, once again, perspective and guidance.  Take it for what it is.

In recent years, I believe, we've come to 'read into' current affairs the scenario which best fits that which we each want to believe.  Such muddled discontent, puts us all off the path and stifles the potential for even greater good in the name of drama.  How sad, for we were once the pinnacle, the crown jewel amongst all groups, most often admired for our leadership, friendships, cooperation, camaraderie, kindness, and selfless congeniality.  In that moment, in our own special 'Ravens Fort' way, we were a peer to none.  We were so well loved.  Don't take my word for it, find yourself an SCA old timer, and ask.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to see that again.  In this misty eyed old Baron's humble opinion, it's really not that far off.  Things like the episode, which I offer to you today, can help.

regards,
dsd

just in case you need it:
http://www.uh.edu/engines/hisd.htm